• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accushot Monopod....Which size??

MontanaMarine

MGySgt, Ret.
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2001
Canyon Ferry, MT
I'm thinking BT04, but would like your feedback.

I'm large framed, and use a 9-13" Harris bipod. Stocks are McMillan A2, and HTG.

BT04-QK Locking Elevation Range 3.75 – 4.85"
BT05-QK Locking Elevation Range 4.80 – 5.85"

Thanks for your opinions/feedback,

Shane

Re: Accushot Monopod....Which size??

Set up how you shoot, bipod adjusted, now measure from the bottom of your butt stock to the ground(exactly where your mono will be), that is the height you need.

Simple, gives you your needed size based on how you use your gun.

And, if not sure after doing what above poster says, still in doubt as to which one, go shorter.

For situations where you need more rifle elevation, the rear of the rifle must come DOWN. Can't do that if your monopod won't adjust any lower.

In situaitons where you need less rifle elevation (e.g. shooting down from an elevated position), the rear of the rifle must come UP, and even if the monopod cannot adjust that high, it is easy to place your weak hand UNDER it as opposed to around it, to get the extra height.

Jim G

Thanks for the feedback.

I had measured per calling4life's suggestion. I rarely shoot on flat ground it seems. So if I'm shooting uphill, shorter wins. Shooting downhill taller wins

If I go with the taller model, is it feasible to use the Accupod in a half-folded poistion to make it "shorter" if shooting uphill?

I also thought if I go with the shorter model, it would probably be simple enough to put something under it like a folded glove or something to give it a little more height, if needed.

Shane,

I'd like to hear some feedback about that piece of kit once you've used it some. Thanks.

LL

I've been using a RedTac beanbag for a few years, so I'll have something to compare with.

I'd imagine the beanbag and the Accupod both have their strengths and weaknesses, in direct comparison.