• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accutac ARCA question/solution needed

daleyj45

Private
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2018
Morganton NC
Alright so i just got a good trade on an accutac br-4 G2 so i had to jump on it. going on an sr25. My problem is I don't have any ARCA plates. I don't really want to just have an arca plate mounted to the bottom of my rail all the time for when I want to QD the bipod. Ideally, I would have a small picatinny section at the end of the rail and just take the bipod on and off as I please and leave the picatinny there (but obv id need the picatinny version of the accutac for that).

Anyone have any good solutions or want to trade for their picatinny compatible accutac?

Trying to avoid buying an mlok to arca adapter to leave on my rifle especially because I am a poor now (hence the sr25) but I will if I have to and ready to take suggestions on what piece to get.

also, if you want to convince me to be an arca person now I'm all ears I just think having a huge arca section on a sr25 would be ugly. Feel free to convince me otherwise.

ARCA rails added to a rifle look silly to me. Chassis that have them milled into the forearm are more sensible. so I wouldn’t tell you to add an arca section to your rifle, but rather get one that mounts via picatinny via trade or otherwise
im in the market for the bipod you just got, but don’t have a pic version to trade with
youre on the right track, but with the wrong attachment method

Reactions: daleyj45
Ok, this is your bipod? https://accu-tac.com/products/br-4-g2-arca-spec-qd-bipod

This is sort of tough.

If you add a short section of pic rail to your MLOK handguard…

Then you need a pic rail clamp that you can attach an Arca plate onto its bottom.

1. Gun
  2. Pic rail via MLOK
  3. RRS SC-ARC clamp (or that ADM one)
  4. Arca plate with 17s interface (no idea if this exists, might bubba one together with this + any old Arca plate)
  5. Your bipod’s Arca clamp

Here are some random parts that you may cobble some other ideas together.
RRS SC-DUO
Double Arca plate

The most elegant solution would be a quick release pic-to-Arca clamp. But have never seen one. Like the unit below but QR.

F9F0D4B9-2581-4F98-961D-3DC87BE4901D.jpeg

But at the end of the day, you’re going to better off either getting the pic clamp version of that bipod (maybe they sell just that part?) or selling it and getting a different bipod.

Here are some other bits and bobs.

This thing is what would work without futzing. But it’s made in Czech:

Also, Magpul makes an interesting little clamp.

I’m out of ideas. If you don’t want to spend $80…sell or trade it away.

Here are some other bits and bobs.

This thing is what would work without futzing. But it’s made in Czech:

Also, Magpul makes an interesting little clamp.

I’m out of ideas. If you don’t want to spend $80…sell or trade it away.
yeah i actually saw the tactical evo one last night, that's prob the best bet because its QD so i could use it at the end of the rail for a bipod and QD it and use it in the middle of the rail for a tripod if I wanted but it looks like I have a trade lined up for the pic bipod so ill prob just do that and wash my hands of it, hopefully 6 months from now I don't randomly get extremely into arca accessories. thanks for the help gents.

Reactions: carbonbased
Accu-Tac pic rail component (hardware) that can be interchanged with Accu-Tac ARCA rail component.

Attachments

• Accu-tac pic rail hardware.jpg
    Accu-tac pic rail hardware.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: redx
yeah i actually saw the tactical evo one last night, that's prob the best bet because its QD so i could use it at the end of the rail for a bipod and QD it and use it in the middle of the rail for a tripod if I wanted but it looks like I have a trade lined up for the pic bipod so ill prob just do that and wash my hands of it, hopefully 6 months from now I don't randomly get extremely into arca accessories. thanks for the help gents.
That’s why I like the RRS SC-ARC. Combo pic and Arca. So if you get a 17s compatible bipod, don’t get their clamp, get the RRS.

If you're still looking for options, there are small ARCA plates that cover only 1.5-2 MLOK spots. You don't necessarily need to cover the entire bottom. Joe Bruiser / Bruiser Industries suggested Sawtooth to me recently and I picked up a 2-MLOK slot piece for $34, so not that much overall for the added capability.