• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accutac or super cal?

Jnull

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2020
Looking for a range only bipod so size and weight don’t really matter, my rifles have pic and arca rails. I can get the super cal with an rrs attachment that attaches to both, with brownells 15% off sale it comes to $392 for both since they charge shipping and tax. The accutac 50 with the arca clamp is $331.45 shipped with their 30% off sale.

For the price and robustness for a range only bipod the accutac seems like the clear winner but you have to choose pic or arca, does anyone make a replacement top similar to the RRS that works with accutacs and attaches to both?

Regular cal unless you’re shooting something over 338

What’s the disadvantage to the super cal if it’s only for stationary target shooting?

I sold mine for the cal the footprint is too big for moving around and I didn’t feel there was any advantage. I much prefer the cal. Same for the 5-h I had - I prefer the cal.

Reactions: Jnull
I use the Super CAL on my 338LM and 300WM, tried it on the 50 BMG but the Accu-Tac HD50 was much more stable. I use the standard CAL on everything below 300WM.

Accu-Tac HD50.jpg
Super CAL).jpg
CAl.jpg

I use the Super CAL on my 338LM and 300WM, tried it on the 50 BMG but the Accu-Tac HD50 was much more stable. I use the standard CAL on everything below 300WM.

View attachment 8279114View attachment 8279115View attachment 8279116

Would you happen to know of any adapters for the accutacs that allow pic and arca attachment? They seem great but that’s a dealbreaker for me as I really don’t need multiple range bipods. It seems you like the cal and super cal for different roles, if you could only keep one which would it be? Thanks for the insight.

I haven't looked very hard, but I haven't seen anyone making adapters for Accu-Tac mounts. If I had to chose between the CAL and Super CAL, it would be the CAL. It's useable on all my rifles, but suboptimal on the larger rifles. That's why I have both:)

I haven't looked very hard, but I haven't seen anyone making adapters for Accu-Tac mounts. If I had to chose between the CAL and Super CAL, it would be the CAL. It's useable on all my rifles, but suboptimal on the larger rifles. That's why I have both:)

That’s fair, thanks for your input.

I ended up getting an scal it just showed up today. Really wanted to go with an accutac but having to choose between arca and picatinny made it a no go for me. The scal is WIDE but very stable, hopefully it’s not too wide for shooting range benches when the legs need extended out. Otherwise it seems great.