• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accutac v tbac for 6.5 gasser in prs

Amatsukaze_DD

Weeaboo Prime
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2022
Fletcher, NC
Title, looking for thoughts and inputs on bipod. I have experience at one prs match, and discovered my atlas wasn't great for it. I'm a smaller guy and already didn't like adjusting my bipod from prone. Trying to adjust my atlas on the clock from prone was an exercise in frustration.

I initially considered a ckye pod, but I also do a good bit of bench rest shooting, and have heard the accutac or tbac are much more stable.

If an accutac, what are the advantages or disadvantages of the wide base model? I assume that for some prs stages the wide base just simply doesn't fit? How much more stable is the wide base compared to the normal?

Title, looking for thoughts and inputs on bipod. I have experience at one prs match, and discovered my atlas wasn't great for it. I'm a smaller guy and already didn't like adjusting my bipod from prone. Trying to adjust my atlas on the clock from prone was an exercise in frustration.

I initially considered a ckye pod, but I also do a good bit of bench rest shooting, and have heard the accutac or tbac are much more stable.

If an accutac, what are the advantages or disadvantages of the wide base model? I assume that for some prs stages the wide base just simply doesn't fit? How much more stable is the wide base compared to the normal?
I did a bipod comparison between the AccuTac, Ckye and Altas to at least help you think about what you need it for and what to look for...Enjoy.

I did a bipod comparison between the AccuTac, Ckye and Altas to at least help you think about what you need it for and what to look for...Enjoy.

I wound up going with the accutac. I was leaning towards the tbac initially but it seems to be harder to find and 30% off accutac as a prs member was too good to pass up. I don't think I'll be disappointed when it shows up next week 😂

Ckye pod cant be touched for prs. Out of the 2 your looking at tho both are good. Accutac may be a little more sturdy for bench shooting but ive never felt like the ckye pod wasnt stable enough to shoot holes through holes

Ckye pod cant be touched for prs. Out of the 2 your looking at tho both are good. Accutac may be a little more sturdy for bench shooting but ive never felt like the ckye pod wasnt stable enough to shoot holes through holes
I agree, you can't really go wrong with either one...But man I do love my AccuTac.

The price tag for a ckye pod, and the complaints of wobble were already kinda off-putting but the nail in the coffin was when you, a more seasoned shooter, started having problems with adjusting it properly on the fly. The one prs match I've been to I heard similar but it was a lot of also relatively new shooters, so I figured it might just be that they didn't have a lot of time on it. A more experienced shooter having problems with it cemented it for me that while a ckye pod may theoretically be the most versatile bipod, it's not a be all end all solution for prs stages. There are multiple ways to approach it, and the ckye pods adjustment almost seems like a trap, baiting you into using it when you might have been better off with bags or a rear tripod.

Like 90%+ of the top prs shooters are running some version of ckyepod...be It a prs, single or double pull. They dominate for a reason. Have owned or own them all over the years and unless I am shooting a super heavy elr gun....it wears a ckyepod.

Tbac for me. Who wants a delicate bipod. Seen more than one go down in matches and i haven’t shot many matches.

I keep a elite iron in my pack for something where I need wider legs or more stability or more tilt

Most shooting is done off a bag anyway.

Wc schemidiun heavy fill is what you need if you don’t have one

I have two different sets of atlas, one accu-tac, Harris, and GG&G. They all have traits I like and don’t like.

Is there such a thing as one size fits all?

Tbac for me. Who wants a delicate bipod. Seen more than one go down in matches and i haven’t shot many matches.

I keep a elite iron in my pack for something where I need wider legs or more stability or more tilt

Most shooting is done off a bag anyway.

Wc schemidiun heavy fill is what you need if you don’t have one
Have a schmedium and an AG lite rear bag, I think having more options to switch it up per stage is more gooder, was just kinda wondering ups and downs of each. I wound up going with accutac, should be here this week

Reactions: BurtG
AccuTac > Harris > TBAC > Atlas > Ckye Pod.

Accutac blow the Ckye Pod out of the water in terms of stability and recoil management. Ckye Pods are good for the one or two stages a match where having some additional flexibility is beneficial. If you ever get a chance to watch how a rifle recoils in slow mo with an AccuTac or a Harris versus an Atlas or a Ckye Pod, you'll understand.

I have had them all. I have an accutac and a Ckye pod that goes with me to matches. The Ckye pod usually don’t see daylight and only gets used in a stage here and there. The accutac is my go to and I don’t see that changing any time soon

For PRS, a arca harris with spiked feet and a full length arca rail will get you by. NRL a Ckye Double Pull is almost mandatory.

Ive been using a Ckye on a ELR gun for about a month now and is definitely the wrong bipod for that application.

The Ckye-pod is a great field bipod, but a lot of the features aren't necessary for most square range PRS type matches. And it's tempting to use the Ckye-pod in ways that you haven't practiced (like using it to shoot off of side slants on a prop).

I really like what I see in the TBAC bipod, nice features and very well built. Don't have much experience shooting with one yet though. Also have limited experience with the accu-tac, but I remember it not being to my preference. I think the lack of slack bothered me, but it was so long ago that I may be remembering that incorrectly.

If it was me I would go TBAC, unless doing a lot of field style matches in which the versatility of the Ckye-pod is a bonus.