• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ace barrels

PRSDietitian

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2023
Texas
So I’m pricing out a barrel for a potential ELR build. Some thing 2500 yards and in. A lot of places that I’m looking at for a blank are out of stock right now. So I’m looking for a .284 31 inch blank with a 1.250 contour, and 1:7.5 twist for a 7prc throated for 190 hybrids and 197 smk

One of the few places that said, they would be able to get me a blank, and a decent time frame was ace barrels. Now I know vudoo gun works uses them for 22 LR barrels and I know they are cut rifle but I don’t know much about them other than that. Has anybody had any good experience getting a barrel rifled buy them?

Yes, saw the Brux. Bummer its out.

The selection of 7mm barrels doesn't seem to be as good as other calibers, unfortunately for your situation.

I've never heard of ACE barrels. If it was me, I would make some compromises on the barrel contour to get a brand of barrel that I know will shoot.

The only other one that could get me a barrel in a decent time frame was international barrels, but then you have to go through customs and all that stuff because they are in Canada. I’m thinking of looking into K&P as well. I know LRI uses them

The only other one that could get me a barrel in a decent time frame was international barrels, but then you have to go through customs and all that stuff because they are in Canada. I’m thinking of looking into K&P as well. I know LRI uses them

I personally wouldn't go the IBI route either.

K&P may be a good choice.

I personally wouldn't go the IBI route either.

K&P may be a good choice.
So I found out that unknown munitions uses ace barrels, so I reached out for their opinion. Obviously everyone that sells a certain barrel brand is probably going to have a little bit of bias, but I at least want to know what kind of product they sell.

Reactions: kthomas
They were one of the few that said they would Rifle a 7.5 twist .284 barrel blank at the length I wanted

I’m going with a faster twist because that’s what I was recommended for the really long 7 mm bullets

Just call bugholes and order it. You’ll have it in a month or two. They have a standing barrel order with the makers they stock and can insert orders. I do this regularly with them.

Reactions: kthomas
Just call bugholes and order it. You’ll have it in a month or two. They have a standing barrel order with the makers they stock and can insert orders. I do this regularly with them.
Oh hell yeah! Good to know! I got to send off the barrel and action to get everything chambered and threaded anyway so why not?