• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ACE folding stocks

Outsydlooknin75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2009
DulUth Jawja
Anyone have an ACE folding stock mechanism? As some know I have been playing with a Savage rifle that Im calling the Salvage. Its a long action in 223 that I have adapted to feed from a Pmag. But I am thinking I might turn it into a side folding stock as well.

What I am wanting to know if is you have one can you give me the measurements of the mounting side and the hinged side to see if it would be worth looking into for my project.

Thanks

Re: ACE folding stocks

I have one from a Sig 556 folding kit.... screws into the buffer tube of an AR lower.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one from a Sig 556 folding kit.... screws into the buffer tube of an AR lower. </div></div>

They make one that bolts on.

Looks like
FSM-PB-big.png

they also make one that mounts like that but takes an AR buffer tube and whatever stock you want to put on it.

Im thinking that I might got with the one that uses an AR buffer and stock just to make it even more different since its AR mag fed and pistol gripped.

Outsy, I have a couple different Ace folding mechanisms (including the one in your picture ) that I would be happy to loan to you if you would like to try them out.

Pm your shipping info .

Sandbogg.

Ya a plate screws into the buffer tubes holes and then you back it out and let it align with the folding mechanism. It bolts in and your ready to rock.

KY cool.

Sandbogg is gonna send me a couple to play with and buy whatever one I wanna go with. This forum is pretty cool like that.

Sandbogg,
Whats your opinion on the push button vs standard ACE mech?
I heard there is a new push button design ACE is making as well.

-T