• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Acme 265gr .300 BLK - What is the BC?

mobo215

Private
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2023
Philadelphia, PA
Does anybody know the BC of ACME 265gr 300blk bullets? There's no published data on their site and I'm trying to figure out some stuff on paper before I go out to the range. I tried this load at a block shoot on a bear-sized target (standing) at 200yds and wasn't able to even get a hole on paper (all I had the last time was a 2 MOA red dot zeroed at 100yds with 150gr Federal ammo).

I now have a Vortex Venom 1-6 LVPO on my Ruger American 300blk. I have it zeroed at 100yds with 150gr Federal ammo. To hit a 1gal milk jug with the 265gr ACME bullets at 100yds with BDC holdovers, I need to put the top of the milk jug at the 500yd BDC line (calibrated for 55gr 5.56mm ammo), so roughly 10-11 MOA of elevation if I use the elevation dial. Easy enough, but I want to know how this scales to 200yds - How many MOA do I need to come up from my 150gr/1940fps zero to make a 265gr/1050fps ACME bullet hit the vital zone on a bear-sized target at 200yds?

To get close, I need the BC of the ACME bullet. And I don't have a 200yd range to get it right so I need to use the math and hopefully get close at the next block shoot.

And once I shoot all 250rds of these ACME 265gr bullets, I'm never buying them again. It doesn't feed reliably and jams every third shot in my Ruger American Ranch - that flat point gets stuck almost every time unless I run the bolt hard and fast. And I'm experiencing bullet setback issues where I'm not sure if it's safe (but velocities are actually VERY consistent regardless) I really wish they would redesign the bullet with a round nose for more reliable feeding in bolt guns. And furthermore, I'm not so sure that the coating makes them safe to shoot through my sealed/welded suppressor.

For reference, my load is 265 ACME w/11.0 grains of CFE BLK seated to 2.120" with a velocity right around 1050. I don't have my Garmin Xero handy, but from memory the extreme spread was <12 FPS with this load, with SD in the single digit range. Perhaps my memory fails me but that's what I recall.

Have I mentioned that I'm new to all of this and having the time of my life?

Last edited:
Lemme repost this more plainly before I'm retarded drunk again -

Does anybody know the BC number for an ACME 265gr 300 blk bullet?
He’s the guy that designed that bullet. If anyone knows what it is, he will. And thus ends ends any attempt to help anyone in a humorous manner.

Last edited:
Reactions: spife7980
He’s the guy that designed that bullet. If anyone knows what it is, he will.
Nice... Learn something new every day here!

@Dolomite - These are single-feed only for me in my Ruger American, as the squared tip hangs up in my chamber when I cycle them. Do you have any plans to make a round point version? Also - are these safe to use in a welded/sealed suppressor without lead buildup?

The drop at 200 is not that sensitive to BC. At 1050fps at the muzzle your drop from a 100yd zero is about 32 inches and the bullet is dropping at a rate of about 0.5"/yard at that point.

The drop at 200 is not that sensitive to BC. At 1050fps at the muzzle your drop from a 100yd zero is about 32 inches and the bullet is dropping at a rate of about 0.5"/yard at that point.
I think I got this - since my scope is zeroed with Federal 150gr hunting ammo, I need to dial, hold, or some combination of both, UP by about 40moa when shooting the 265gr ACME load at 200yds. Now I have to see if my scope has enough legs on the dial to dial up that much.

If you come up 11 MOA for 100yds then you need an additional 32/1.047/2 or ~15MOA additional to 200yds. Note that these are estimates and you really need to verify this on a range before taking this to a hunt.