• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ACOG for .308

CGoodwin

Private
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Hello all,
I have a DPSM LR-308 with some JP customizing that I use mainly for nighttime hog hunting and some daytime coyote work. I use (please don't laugh, all I could afford) an ATN PS-22 CGT in front of a day scope. The max rating on the ATN is for use in front of a 6x scope. Most shots that I take are between 90 and 200 yards. I was wondering what you all thought about an ACOG TA11 for my scope.

Re: ACOG for .308

TA-11 is the best...I got the chevron because it was more precise than the donut. TA11E is the chevron.

You may like the horseshoe better. I got the chevron because it is what I was issued in service. I have never actually used the horseshoe.

BTW call or email Liberty Optics when you decide what you want. The price and customer service you will get from Scott is second to none.

I like the horseshoe reticle, and have seen nothing but faithful service from my ACOG TA-11H (though it is for 5.56mm
smile.gif
).

I have a TA11E on my .308 gas gun and I like shooting it. Target acquisition is quick and you can shoot with both eyes open. My one complaint is that some experimentation is needed to find a load that performs well with the BDC reticle.

The TA11E is calibrated for the M852 (168gr HPBT) load at 2500fps from a 20" barrel, mounted to a flat top reciever. You may have to adjust accordingly.

I'm a fan of the TA55A 5.5x. I like the higher magnification for the long shot, and the chevron still works with the BAC. It's also got dual-illumination. Of course, if you plan on doing most of your shooting at 50 rather than 200, then the 3.5x might be more suitable.