• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ACOG Help

Hoax001

Private
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2014
Hey Gents,

I am running a TA11J 3.5 x 35 ACOG with .308 a crosshair ballistic drop compensator (BDC). I was restricted to a range with targets at set at 100 yard intervals. But, now I can place targets at meter ranges I want to properly set-up the AGOG for meter distances.

1604070389690.png

1. In the 3.5 ACOG the turrets change point of impact 1/3 inch per click at 100 yards. So, from what I am understanding the adjustments are in moa, but the crosshairs are for ballistic drop and ranging in meters. Therefore, shouldn't I be sighting in at 100 meters for the BDC to be accurate?
3. Do you know what barrel length, twist, bullet, etc. the BDC is based on?
4. The manual says you should fully recap the turrets after each adjustment (some say also tap the outside three times to properly seat). Any experienced opinions on this?
5. I rarely hear people mentioning meters when referring to ACOGs, they nearly always speak in terms of yards. What am I missing?

Thanks!

1/3 moa is basically .1 mil (.36 moa).
Whether you are shooting yards or meters, none of that shit matters, as you have to do your drop charts according to the load you are shooting, with the bc and velocity at the elevation and range you are shooting.
The ACOG is a very nice optic, it is NOT a precision optic. It is made for rapidly engaging torso sized targets, it excels at that.
Don't overthink it.

My TA11 has 0.5moa clicks. Trijicon has been all over the place with thier adjustments.

The BDC is also "calibrated" to the ammo and barrel length they used. I run one on my 16" AR with my 77 handloads. I found that a 50 yard zero lined up the BDC from 50-600 by using that zero based on the velocity and my bullet choice. It was a little off like 411 yards instead of 400, but the result was still a torso hit all the way out.

I suggest running your loads over a chrono and finding the best zero distance that lines up best for the BDC. Then confirm it at distance.

Reactions: Hoax001
I had the TA01B and it was based on a 20” barrel with a bullet speed of 2600 FPS. Don’t remember the weight/grain of the bullet but I would imagine 150 grain since it’s a military style optic not precision. I too had my ACOG on a 16” barrel rifle.

My TA11 has 0.5moa clicks. Trijicon has been all over the place with thier adjustments.
Huh.. I thought it had to do with the magnification. I thought the 4x were 2 clicks and the 3.5 x are 3 clicks per inch at 100 yards.

Huh.. I thought it had to do with the magnification. I thought the 4x were 2 clicks and the 3.5 x are 3 clicks per inch at 100 yards.
Has nothing to do with magnification. It's the thread pitch they choose for the turrets. It can be whatever they want to make it.

Has nothing to do with magnification. It's the thread pitch they choose for the turrets. It can be whatever they want to make it.
Sorry, that was poorly worded. Yes it is the thread pitch, it's just that the 3.5x magnification and the 4x magnification versions use different thread pitches in the turrets.