• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Acog TA11

Re: Acog TA11

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The4thHorseman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you guys think about this scope as a general purpose optic? Who has one that can speak on it? Thanks </div></div>
I've had a <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">TA11</span></span> mounted on a Bushmaster 16" Shorty for 14 years and it works great. The BAC concept works even on my 45 year-old eyes, and I can easily hit torso-size steel at 600 yards using the vertical stadia lines. You can aim dead-on using the donut and hit center mass to 200 yards no problem with either BH 55gr. or 68gr., but of course the 68s' do better at longer range.

The red tritium in mine has lost a noticible amount of it's original luminousity, but it still glows in the dark. The production date on the serialized sticker on the outside of the case my TA11 came in indicates that the tritum was "fresh", so I think the red glows bright for around 10 years. I thought about sending my TA11 in to Trijicon to have the tritium replaced, but I shoot the Shorty so rarely it isn't a priority.

The fiber optic glows very brightly - even when firing from a covered position. It actually glows too brightly (IMHO) when in direct/full sunlight, though. You can always put a piece of tape over the fiber optic if it bothers you.

Keith