• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ACOG with NVGs PVS 14s??

Carlos0311B4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2007
Arizona
I know they work with a PVS 22 does anyone know if hey work with PVS 14s like an Eo or aimpoint? I'm Selling one and was asked that question.

TA31F model

Thanks

Re: ACOG with NVGs PVS 14s??

PVS22? Sure
PVS14? It will suck, in front of or behind, and would be marginally functional. A -14 user is much better served with an IR laser if limited to a magnified optic.

I was under the impression that the tritium was too bright for NV. I had a 3rd gen MUM, and was told it wouldnt work, but I guess it will, after all.

It could burn the image of the reticle into the tube on some versions I guess. It would be better in front, but a -14 would still not be ideal.

They are all tritium, unless the tritium is dead in yours. But a TA31 should still be bright, they're not that old.

The tritium is a backup to the FO, for low light when the FO doesn't gather enough to illuminate itself.

M4,

hmmm Ill have to check better on it then. Even when I used it at night the fiber optic would work (red) thats probably why I did not notice.

Thanks

Checked it in total darknes and it was still red. I thought tritium was only yellow/green??

ALL the ACOGS we have worked with are NOT NV compatible at all IF using the unit in front of the PVS. In fact, when the first NSN's came out, they were supposedly made for NV as in a PVS-14 behind them, but the tritium was way too bright to say the least and would bloom the NOD. Most of them do work SUPERBLY with a clip-on such as the PVS-22 out front. One of my favorite NV optic combos in fact is an ACOG and a 22 out front leading the charge. Hope this helps.

Edited...Also putting a PVS out front is not very worthwhile as well as there will be POA/POI issues as the 14 is not optically aligned for these functions. Some users do report marginal acceptance, but this varies a great deal.

Typical NSN bloom below. Actually looks better in the pic versus the real eye which would bloom out most typical targets
PICT0713.jpg