• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ACRO on an ACOG?

FatBoy

After 20 years, going anonymous..
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2001
TN
Two part question:

Background.

I have a couple RMRs, nice units with not much use at this point. I am about to buy another ACOG (TA01 NSN most likely) and I have been fairly well set on mounting one of the RMRs up top but with all the rain and shit we’ve had lately I am wondering if going with a closed emitter might be a better idea for this rifle.

Question 1

is there a decent mount out there to put an ACRO on the rear plate mounting location of the ACOG?

Question 2

Am I concerned about nothing? If I lived in AZ, or west Texas this wouldn’t even be a question but middle TN is wet. When it’s not raining in the summer it’s hot and humid. Maybe I’m overthinking this shit because it’s 20* out and I’m stuck in the house right now, or maybe it’s because a 7th SFG buddy keeps warning me about what’s coming but I know that some of the matches I’m shooting this year will put all my shit in the water and I really don’t want to snap up and see a kaleidoscope.

Alrighty, beat me up…. Where am I going wrong?

I don’t have a lot to offer other than to say that is my one complaint with the RMR. I’m a hunter and exposure to the elements has been problematic. Getting dirt in there, rain, etc. I’m always able to take the shot but it’s very annoying. I’ll be trying an Acro P2 this turkey season if they ever become available.

Reactions: FatBoy
I’m guessing by the lack of response, if I’m going to go down this road it’s either going to be attaching a pic mount or blackmailing one of my machines buddies to develop a damn “one off” plate for me.

This must be a stupid ass idea or someone would have come up with it. I can’t bring myself to run a Holosun as good as it maybe so I guess I have some sole searching to do on how bad I want to try this.