• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Act of Valor

Re: Act of Valor

I really hope this is legit. If not it will be a real slap in the face to opperators everywhere. If it is on the up and up it should be B.A. I'll se it in mobil while TAD either way, hope it's good.

funny how hollywood can fuck the best ideas. I hope this isnt the case on this movie because it could be really good.

So from the review someone wrote, the only negative thing from the movie was some of the acting. But when the main actors are AD SEALs......you can kinda expect it.

Everything else with the action, tactics etc is supposed to be spot on. No uber ninja rifles, just mostly ARs with 1x optics, PEQs, and lots of headshots.

I'm looking forward to it.

It sounds like it's going to be a pretty accurate movie. Here's a link talking about it.

http://kitup.military.com/2012/01/the-making-of-act-of-valor.html

I also read the film crew were talking about the Live Fire (real boolits) in the movie. At one point someone on the crew asked if it was safe with the live rounds and ricochets... One of the team guys said they'd give him a flack jacket and a helmet :)

I'd say it might be cool but the I saw a preview and there was some super-model looking girl in it that's when the it took a turn for the worse. Looks its geared towards 12 yr old boys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd say it might be cool but the I saw a preview and there was some super-model looking girl in it that's when the it took a turn for the worse. Looks its geared towards 12 yr old boys. </div></div>

^troll......

I have looking forward to this movie since I saw the previews last year. Seems about the way I would want to make a movie.

The idea sounds great, the trailer however looks oh so hollywoodish.. just couldn't get into it. Hopefully i'm wrong and it turns out to be another "Black Hawk Down" for the war movie genre.

There's supposed to be a scene where some Barristas are making real coffee, using real coffee beans and grounds
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TucsonDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's supposed to be a scene where some Barristas are making real coffee, using real coffee beans and grounds
smile.gif
</div></div>
Lulz
wink.gif

How can active duty SEALs be on such public display? I though keeping their identity confidential was important.

I do like the fact real SEALs are doing it though with or without the coffee beans lol.

They might have been previously active duty. There is no way they could take off up to a year I would guess for filming and doing nothing else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaKid</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd say it might be cool but the I saw a preview and there was some super-model looking girl in it that's when the it took a turn for the worse. Looks its geared towards 12 yr old boys. </div></div>

^troll...... </div></div>

What? Where do you get off saying that? You must be one of my aforementioned 12 yr old boys... Back up your statement or STFU Montana<span style="color: #FF0000">KID</span>..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The idea sounds great, the trailer however looks oh so hollywoodish.. just couldn't get into it. Hopefully i'm wrong and it turns out to be another "Black Hawk Down" for the war movie genre. </div></div>

I agree, I think the previews look fun but it's looks like Jerry Bruckheimer put his spin on it. I.e. hot girls and an overblown amount of shooting/blowing up stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaKid</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd say it might be cool but the I saw a preview and there was some super-model looking girl in it that's when the it took a turn for the worse. Looks its geared towards 12 yr old boys. </div></div>

What? Where do you get off saying that? You must be one of my aforementioned 12 yr old boys... Back up your statement or STFU Montana<span style="color: #FF0000">KID</span>.. </div></div>

Calm down buddy. First, I'm not a 12yo kid. Don't be so quick to judge. And maybe I should be asking you where you get off saying it looks like a bad movie geared towards pre teen kids when you haven't even seen the movie.

Im excited for it. should be interesting. Always hated watching movies where the actors had never seen a gun yet alone used one and just completely f*cked up handling them...

there is nothing wrong with hot girls guys....

seriously though I, like you guys, think this has the potential to be sweet or horrible. I basically asked myself all the questions above. There is no way AD seals are going to be good actors but oh well.

You know it will be hollywood it has to be. Even if they lured all the actors in with "oh it will be realistic" by the time the studio execs get their grubby hands on it they will tear it to shreds. The editing room in hollywood is similar to the bean counters on the east coast.

I hope it lives up to the hype I've put on it. I will be camped out opening night to watch, not literally, but I'm excited. They used live fire, and I don't know anyone in Hollywood that has the balls to perform in a movie with live fire. I hope the SEALS make they hollywood bunch look like a bunch of fairy girls that they are.

They hot girls don't hurt either......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaKid</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaKid</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd say it might be cool but the I saw a preview and there was some super-model looking girl in it that's when the it took a turn for the worse. Looks its geared towards 12 yr old boys. </div></div>

What? Where do you get off saying that? You must be one of my aforementioned 12 yr old boys... Back up your statement or STFU Montana<span style="color: #FF0000">KID</span>.. </div></div>

Calm down buddy. First, I'm not a 12yo kid. Don't be so quick to judge. And maybe I should be asking you where you get off saying it looks like a bad movie geared towards pre teen kids when you haven't even seen the movie. </div></div>

Look dickhead, I already explained it in my first post, you just can't read for shit so here it is again: <span style="color: #3366FF">"there was some super-model looking girl in it that's when the it took a turn for the worse"</span>. That's no different than what many other people in this thread have said. I think that's a pretty legitimate review of the previews being shown on TV so who's the real troll here? The guy giving a review based on the available info as well as being somebody who served in the Navy and spent a fair amount of that time in San Diego or the douche-bag posting one word "troll" attacks with no justification. So in your own words, "don't be so quick to judge"...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaKid</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> And maybe I should be asking you where you get off saying it looks like a bad movie geared towards pre teen kids when you haven't even seen the movie. </div></div>

I gave my review based on the TV previews and having been in the Navy... So in your words, "maybe I should be asking you where you get off" calling me a troll with no justification or review of your own? And since when do I have to filter my opinions of a movie through you?

A'ight....what's the music that's on the TV trailer.

No luck via google, somebody more hip than me know?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A'ight....what's the music that's on the TV trailer.

No luck via google, somebody more hip than me know? </div></div>

Eminem's Not Afraid, found using Google.

Well who'da thunk it....something from that punk ass caught my ear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A'ight....what's the music that's on the TV trailer.

No luck via google, somebody more hip than me know? </div></div>

Most recent trailer is Eminem's "Not Afraid"

The original trailer is Snow Patrol "The Lightning Strike"

Yeah, snow patrol is what I found the first time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They might have been previously active duty. There is no way they could take off up to a year I would guess for filming and doing nothing else. </div></div>

Everybody even the SEALS get shore duty once in a while so working on a film while on AD isnt too far fetched as shore tours are often 3 years. While the bulk of shore duty jobs for NSW are in a trainning capacity there are billetts in recruiting, NEDU, NASA etc. Navy probably saw an opportunity to get good free PR out of the deal and I'm certian they had a say in editing. Knew some of the guys (EOD) that worked on Men of Honor and they had a great time.

I saw this movie at a sneak preview in 2010. It plays like a COD movie. It was a tense but fun ride. Acting is a little rough during the non-action scenes as to be expected considering the actors real jobs. The action sequences were definitely more fluid and real looking.

This is one of those films you just take with a grain of salt and go along for the ride. It's worth the $$ to see in the theater. I was so surprised to see this film finally finished. Like I said I saw this almost 18 months ago.

What really sucked is that my son and I were not picked to stay after the movie for the discussion with the producer and director. They only asked the viewers who rated it poorly to stay. I would have liked to have been a part of that discussion.

I'm really interested to see what changes were made to it. It was so long ago though I probably won't even recognize them... Lol.

Bottom line go see it with the expectation of just having a good time and you will like it.

I bet it won't even come close to being as realistic as Charlie Sheen's "Navy SEALS".....right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bet it won't even come close to being as realistic as Charlie Sheen's "Navy SEALS".....right? </div></div>

LOL!!! We have a winner!

It gave me a sincere appreciation of everything that goes into some of the things our soldiers do that is never publicized. If this is anything close to what actually goes on its pretty amazing.

Montana Kid, don't worry about 'ol High Binder. Pay no heed, he's just lonely and butts in to squawk, whine, rant, and pontificate a bit. It's the internet, where even a <span style="text-decoration: line-through">12 </span> 32 year old can be the biggest bad-ass around...anonymously, of course. He just has that uncontrollable need to show that the point on the top of his head is sharper than everyone else's. His post history will tell you everything you need to know. Heck, I don't think he even owns a precision rifle.

Come to think of it, he's like that awkward and confused kid in high school who couldn't fit in and make the football team as a bench warmer so he joined the cheerleader squad. He may not be a shooter but he's got "team spirit". Just ask him.

Yay, team.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jericho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How can active duty SEALs be on such public display? I though keeping their identity confidential was important. </div></div>

Just walking down any random street in Coronado you'll see little signs saying "A Navy SEAL lives here" on a lot of houses/apts. So there can't be too much emphases on keeping IDs under wraps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: konabully</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Montana Kid, don't worry about 'ol High Binder. Pay no heed, he's just lonely and butts in to squawk, whine, rant, and pontificate a bit. It's the internet, where even a <span style="text-decoration: line-through">12 </span> 32 year old can be the biggest bad-ass around...anonymously, of course. He just has that uncontrollable need to show that the point on the top of his head is sharper than everyone else's. His post history will tell you everything you need to know. Heck, I don't think he even owns a precision rifle.

Come to think of it, he's like that awkward and confused kid in high school who couldn't fit in and make the football team as a bench warmer so he joined the cheerleader squad. He may not be a shooter but he's got "team spirit". Just ask him.

Yay, team. </div></div>

Two unsubstantiated attacks in one thread... LOL, I must have really touched a wannabe/mall ninja nerve. If you're going to make this type of idiotic claim, like your little buddy did, at least have the ability/willingness to back it up. Any moron can sling baseless insults.

Is that all you've got? At least you slept on it all night before you answered. If you consider that an "attack", you need to grow some skin. The more you post, the more irrelevent you become...(yawn).

If you don't like getting zapped every now and then, then quit being a lightning rod. Duh. Calling someone a "dickhead", etc. and going into a rant or diatribe doesn't win over too many folks. In fact, it makes one question your maturity or wonder if you have a vagina. So, what is it I need to back up? You're doing a better job than me at showing everyone you are the poster child of baseless insults.

5000+ plus posts on a shooter website and nothing relevent to precision rifles...Hmmm.

Buy a rifle yet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: konabully</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that all you've got? At least you slept on it all night before you answered. If you consider that an "attack", you need to grow some skin. The more you post, the more irrelevent you become...(yawn).

If you don't like getting zapped every now and then, then quit being a lightning rod. Duh. Calling someone a "dickhead", etc. and going into a rant or diatribe doesn't win over too many folks. In fact, it makes one question your maturity or wonder if you have a vagina. So, what is it I need to back up? You're doing a better job than me at showing everyone you are the poster child of baseless insults.

5000+ plus posts on a shooter website and nothing relevent to precision rifles...Hmmm.

Buy a rifle yet? </div></div>

Simply buttressing your first point as well as adding more insults (hypocritical) does nothing to substantiate your initial claim...

Based on your past 3000+ posts and your self given titles, you're obviously only interested in looking for a fight and stirring the pot. PM me if you can substantiate your claim otherwise - ignored.

I've been looking forward to seeing this movie ever since I saw the very first promotionals. I picked up the Novelization last weekend at Wal-Mart, & after having finished reading it yesterday I have to say, after watching the Internet promos, if the movie follows the book's plot pretty closely, in combination with cool-looking cinematography, & BTDT Navy SEALs bringing some technical expertise to the action, altogether has got me looking forward to this war-flick moreso than any I've seen in AWHILE!!

From what I understand from the novel's "Forward," it seems this movie was originally a project of the Naval Special Warfare Group to be developed as a NSW promo/recruit film. Tom Clancy heard about it, & approached NSW with an idea to develop the short film into a full blown big production movie & Novel. 

Author of "The Finishing School," "The Warrior Elite," & "Chosen Soldier," former SEAL Team One officer & Vietnam Veteran, Dick Couch, was approached to write the Novelization with help from Capt. George Galdorisi, U.S. Navy (Ret.), who spent his 30yr career in the U.S. Navy as a Naval Aviator, helicopter squadron commanding Officer, & Chief of Staff for Cruiser-Destroyer Group Three with combat deployments to the Western Pacific and the Arabian Gulf, aboard the USS Carl Vinson & USS Abraham Lincoln, after which he served as an advisor with the Center for Security Strategy and Operations in Washington, D.C. where he was involved in Navy and Marine Corps strategy & policy formulation, before finally retiring to pursue writing books such as; "Leave No Man Behind."

The screenplay for the film was written by Kurt Johnstad. 

Lord knows, Hollywood's let me down with the accuracy(or lack thereof) of their War movies in the past, but this film hasn't just been given unprecedented access & support of the Naval Special Warfare Group & Navy SEALs, but has also benefitted not only from SEAL technical advisors, but it's actually starring active-duty, BTDT Navy SEALs. 

I guess if Hollyweird manages to take all that & turn it into a giant, cluster-fuck, then there shouldn't be even a glimmer of hope left in any of us that they'll EVER put anything on the Silverscreen that remotely resembles "real life."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: konabully</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that all you've got? At least you slept on it all night before you answered. If you consider that an "attack", you need to grow some skin. The more you post, the more irrelevent you become...(yawn).

Buy a rifle yet? </div></div>

+1, thanks for the back up. we win. 8==>~
frown.gif
(<high binder)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaKid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
thanks for the back up. we win. </div></div>

Geezz get a room.

'and if by "win" you mean not being able to back up your own statements and hiding from your comments in a fight you started... Yep you "win"

PM me if you can back up your BS or have whoever else you can get to fight your fights for you PM me, otherwise - ignored

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaKid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
thanks for the back up. we win. </div></div>

Geezz get a room.

'and if by "win" you mean not being able to back up your own statements and hiding from your comments in a fight you started... Yep you "win"

PM me if you can back up your BS or have whoever else you can get to fight your fights for you PM me, otherwise - ignored </div></div>

Why would I (or anyone) want to PM you and waste even more of our precious time behind closed doors? So we can have tea & crumpets and talk about your emotions? About how you didn't get enough hugs from daddy and how the color yellow makes you sad? If you can't handle the crap you start in a public forum, then maybe you should take your ball and go home if it makes you that upset.

You obviously have paper thin skin but yet you're real quick to jump down another member's throat with your nastiness. You might want to to get yourself checked out for that condition or change your meds...or just get over yourself. You sound like a dog bite attorney. Never answering a direct question but you twist one's words then go after the victim or badger the witnesses. That tells me you don't have a lot of substance. Sorry, but the motion to take a recess and discuss this in the judge's chambers has been denied.

Go tell mommy that I'm a big of meanie or complain to a mod or something. Grow up, take your lumps and move on. I thought we were done with this but I guess you've felt hurt & disrespected. That's too bad.

I don't know Montana Kid from Adam but I've seen you jump enough people's shit here to know that you're just a small little man. A chump with an attitude who hasn't even made an attempt to fit into the <span style="font-weight: bold">precision rifle </span>community. Just a keyboard commando racking up posts like you're going for high score in a video game. This ain't the COD forum. BTW, the word "troll" hardly constitutes starting a "fight" tough guy. You escalated this high-school drama yourself.

Pssst, buy a rifle yet?

(To the rest of the SH members):

I apologize for dabbling into this turd's little tantrums and egging him on. He obviously doesn't take a hint very well. I'm sure everyone here doesn't really appreciate this mexican soap opera so I'll do my best and refrain from replying to his sniveling posts in the future and spare any further mental anguish. However, if anyone else finds that High Binder's (Captain Friction) posts or rantings to be a bit much, assaults your senses, or just seems to be dumbing this site down, go ahead and PM him about it. He obviously welcomes the PMs and the attention.

Thanks, KB.

I saw the interview with the director and producer the other day on fox and they were saying that they did filming in between deployments and training and it took over 4 years to shoot, so that should explain the active duty part.

Check this out: (Awesome Alert!)

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oD7j4vmWHi0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oD7j4vmWHi0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

and-->

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold"> Here's the plot: </span></span> When the rescue of a kidnapped CIA operative leads to the discovery of a deadly terrorist plot against the U.S., a team of SEALs is dispatched on a worldwide manhunt. As the valiant men of Bandito Platoon race to stop a coordinated attack that could kill and wound thousands of American civilians, they must balance their commitment to country, team and their families back home. Each time they accomplish their mission, a new piece of intelligence reveals another shocking twist to the deadly terror plot, which stretches from Chechnya to the Philippines and from Ukraine to Somalia. The widening operation sends the SEALs across the globe as they track the terrorist ring to the U.S.-Mexico border, where they engage in an epic firefight with an outcome that has potentially unimaginable consequences for the future of America.