• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Action acquired - Lone Peak Fuzion Alpine Cut

PotbellyVandal

Private
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2024
Pacific NW
Just did my paperwork for this new beauty. SA Lone Peak Fuzion Alpine Cut (steel). Only 27.4oz with the magnum bolt. This is going to be a fun build for a 6.5 PRC with Barltein Carbon Fiber Barrel in a Manners PRS-TCS stock.
Really impressed and can’t wait for the dumb WA 10 day waiting period so I can pick it up.

unnamed.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Waiting to get the same action & barrel back, but definitely not that stock

Why bother with CFW if you're going to throw it in a TCS
Weight and balance, there isn't really a ton of weight difference with a CFW vs a fluted steel. I am trying to keep the overall build weight just under 16lbs for NRL Hunter open heavy class. Ideally with the build list I am working with I should be able to make weight, balance it properly, and add weights if I want to run heavier for PRS or just range time.
I also found the barrel blank in stock so I snagged it for a fair price instead of waiting for a fluted steel. Plus, carbon fiber looks good/cool. And with it in a gloss clear Manners CF stock... Everyone knows if it looks good it must be fast and shoot good :)

I didn’t realize you were the same person w/ the build thread. I kind of started on a similar path attempting a combo rifle about a year ago, so I will try one more time…

A PRS/NRL Hunter combo really isn’t ideal, but it’s doable. You really will want a steel barrel, not just for balance. Even for shooting PRS alone, I’d take a SS 26” M24 in a Manners LRH over a CFW in a TCS every single time. However, since you have the CFW barrel…

As I mentioned in your other thread, reconsider the TCS. I can tell you a CFW barrel in a TCS will balance like shit… I’m running a SS 28” M24 in my TCS, no rear weights, & it balances barely in front of the receiver

At the end of the day, your money/parts/rifle, do as you please