• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Action fit?

jackinfl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2008
Fort lauderdale, Fl
Guys,
WHat actions will fit correctly into a McMillan A-5 that is inletted for a Remington 700? Additionally what actions can fit with minor gunsmith tweaking of the stock?

My point is this, if you ordered a stock for a 700 are you limited to just a 700 action?

Thanks,
Jack

Re: Action fit?

Just to name a few, Surgeon RSR & 591, Templar / Pheonix Machine (Longer Tennon), Stiller Predator, Tac 30, Tac 300, Borden Alpine & Timberline, Pierce & Lawton 7000

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jackinfl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SO there are alot of options. </div></div>

Way more than you think. If the stock is going to be painted, endless.

Jack, just keep the McMillan. You will eventually find an action that you want to put in it, and if you sell it now you won't have it when that day comes.

The Templar might not fit without a smidge of work, but George could make it work, and for $1550 for a complete barreled action that ain't bad.

The Pierce will need modification of standard action screws (cutting them down), otherwise, that's it.

And Lawton has a group buy going on now, I think.

Just send it to GAP and have them drop in and bed a Remington barreled action with a 22" Bartlien 11.25-twist.
wink.gif

Surgeon

Need I say more?

Maybe I will, I like my Jewell trigger. But there are a lot of good triggers out there.

Are you thinking of something other than .308? Did you shoot my 6.5 at RO? It is a sweet round to be sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Surgeon
Need I say more?</div></div>Doc, you need to say just a bit more, which is: Surgeon with Moon's modification if it's for a .308-length case.
wink.gif

Doc,
I did not shoot yours, which I regret. Actually in retrospect I wish I would have shot or asked to shoot everyone's rifle. Even the 3 or 4 that Frank had laying around. there was a wide array of guns there. I did shoot Jacobs 7WSM and I thought that gun would have ripped my arm off, but the recoils was not that bad. I even managed to keep the group that he and Pete had going.

WHat an oppurtunity to test out guns...

Next time, maybe not 2009, but hopefully in 2010.

I hope you and the family are well.