• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Action for A Norma

Rockdoc173

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 26, 2014
    Florida
    I’m putting a parts list together for a nm. I’m thinking about a Kratos or Kratos X. From what I can gather, the only difference between the two is the X is a little bit longer to accommodate the Lapua sized cases. They’re both Remington 700 long action foot prints, so may I assume that this will fit in a regular long action chassis?

Reactions: Milf Dots
    Looks like the website states that both have a standard LA footprint, so I'd say you're good to go either way.

Reactions: Rockdoc173
    Looks like the website states that both have a standard LA footprint, so I'd say you're good to go either way.
    I saw that on their website, I think I was just finding a disconnect when it was talking about a 4" internal box. LA is not the same as CIP LA for chassis purposes, right?
    I have a Kratos 300nm. It's not a bad action but if I did it all over again it would have been another impact 787.
    No lefty and most of their stuff is sold out. The reason I arrived at a Kratos is because I'm not sure when ARC's CdG is going to be shipping in LH LA and I'm on something of a schedule, at least trying to be lol

Uh, oh. Did Rick plant a bug in your ear? 😀

I like that Norma also.

Kauger makes an action for the Norma mags. It's the same as the one I have for the BR and it's really nice.

BTW, are you able to shoot this week?

I saw that on their website, I think I was just finding a disconnect when it was talking about a 4" internal box. LA is not the same as CIP LA for chassis purposes, right?

No lefty and most of their stuff is sold out. The reason I arrived at a Kratos is because I'm not sure when ARC's CdG is going to be shipping in LH LA and I'm on something of a schedule, at least trying to be lol
    You can call tate and order one. If you are mil/leo they have a sweet discount too.

Buying a new arc action is like buying a new kia model....the hope is you can sell it to someone else before the warranty expires. Been there done that and pawned it off.

You can call tate and order one. If you are mil/leo they have a sweet discount too.

Buying a new arc action is like buying a new kia model....the hope is you can sell it to someone else before the warranty expires. Been there done that and pawned it off.
    I think all these action makers have pros and cons. I've had two ARCs, a Nuke and a Archimedes, and both have been gtg. I definitely want to get into the CdG at some point, but for now I want what I can get. LH/LA is really hard to find in under 6 months right now, and if the bolt doesn't have a removable bolt head, the Lapua bf makes the job harder still

Reactions: lash
    Uh, oh. Did Rick plant a bug in your ear? 😀

I like that Norma also.

Kauger makes an action for the Norma mags. It's the same as the one I have for the BR and it's really nice.

BTW, are you able to shoot this week?
    Oh yea! I've wanted to do one for a long time but always seem to get distracted (Oh, look at that shiny doodad). That ASR is enough to motivate anybody though lol.

Reactions: lash
    You want 1-1/8 tenon and 1.250 shank barrel, start there. I'd suggest a bat igniter.