• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Action in Mil-issue M24s vs. stock Remingtons

BigBrother

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2007
New England
Hey all- question here for those who've fielded actual issued M24s-

In building my first rig, I was looking to build something that would familiarize me with the general operation of the platform. I wasn't an extreme stickler for detail, but built a functionally equivalent model - so went with a max of 10x mag, mil dot over a more fine reticle, etc.

Anyway, as we all know the custom and tuned actions tend to be much smoother than the stock ones. But I have no idea how finely tuned the Army or Remington make their M24s. They don't, for example, do anything with the bolt knobs, so I'm curious if smoothness is an issue or how much attention it gets.

So, for those who've used both the real deal and standard Remingtons - how did you find the actions compared?

Re: Action in Mil-issue M24s vs. stock Remingtons

I haven't played with many M24's, but the M40's I've held used the same M700 receivers as any other M700, and the two M24's I've held didn't feel any different. FWIW...

Here's an evaluation of the M24 system from Mele at Sniper Central.

M24

Don't know if you know all the information contained, but interesting none the less.

Bob

Felt the same to me.
Guns587.jpg