• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

action needed

hiddenshooter

Private
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2009
Im having a hard time finding a 700 SA and dont want to buy a rifle just to strip it for the action for a custom gun. Anybody have one or know of one for a reasonable price?

Re: action needed

some of the better deals on action are when buying a hole rem 700 rife. I can find rem 700 in 243 or 22-250 for 350-500 bucks most of the time. Think about it. You can sell the stock (depending on what it is.) ( i have found rem 700vs with hs stocks for 500 bucks. actually i know were one is) the hs stocks will sell for 200 bucks and everyone involved is happy. Sell the stock and you have 300 in an action trigger and bottom metal. Hard to beat that. I will say that the rem 700vs are a bit harder to find for 500, but a rem 700 adl in a youth rifle can be had for 350-400 most any day. you can sell those stocks on e-bay for 40 bucks and the barrel for 40 bucks and the trigger guard for 20 depending on if it is aluminum or plastic. I like doing things like this as i do not have unlimited funds for my addiction, plus you meet good people while dealing in gun parts. I have had as little as 200 bucks in a nice new rem 700 short action with an old style trigger, many times. Just depends on how much effort you want to put into it. Man i sure have it BAD!!!!! I have a rem 700 action that has been trued. I think it is sold but the fella hasn't contacted me in a couple days. I can let you know if the deal falls through. Good luck, and the deals are out there!!! Lee

Re: action needed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hiddenshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im having a hard time finding a 700 SA and dont want to buy a rifle just to strip it for the action for a custom gun. Anybody have one or know of one for a reasonable price? </div></div>

WalmMart ADL's cheaper than just an action usually.....