• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Action Screw Torque- FN SPR A5

hafejd30

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2019
    MI
    Picking up an fn spr A5. Model has the detach mag bottom metal.

What are you guys running on these models for action screw torque?

My research so far shows 55 inch lbs. Some say 65 but not sure if the stock spot bedding on the tang and by the lug will handle that or not

I’m planning to take stock and scope base off. Base will be retorqued to 20 in lbs and stock to 55 in lbs unless I hear different from you guys. Never used a McMillan or stock without a full aluminum block in it

Want a set torque value so when I remove stock in future I can return to same when reinstalling. I know full bedding would be best but looking to test in factory configuration when I get the rifle to see how it shoots first

Thanks in advance

Not my pic but same rifle for reference
    8ED7A8FB-D9C0-4331-871E-13C6F286B317.png

Bump

Someone here must own one and have some info! Just looking for a torque value to set at prior to load testing

Reactions: M8541Reaper
    I’m running an FN A3G SPR with a CDI bottom metal and use 65in/lb on my action screws. I believe my scope base is either 20 or 25in/lb with loctite, but I don’t have my book with me to confirm.

Pop your question in this thread:
    Someone there might be running your exact setup and have better info for ya.
    Hope it helps 🍻

Reactions: hafejd30
    One more bump for the sweet spot torque value on a spot bedded A5 FN SPR

I see the manual says not to remove the stock. Anyone run into accuracy issues after removing from factory and reinstalling?