• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Action screw torque for a TRG 42?

sakoluvr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2010
North Carolina
I tried to search this, but no luck. I want to take my TRG stock off, but do not know what the recommended torque is when reinstalling the stock. Can someone help me with this? The gun shoots lights out, and I don't want to phuck that up. Thinking 65 inch lbs for all?

Re: Action screw torque for a TRG 42?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sakoluvr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tried to search this, but no luck. I want to take my TRG stock off, but do not know what the recommended torque is when reinstalling the stock. Can someone help me with this? The gun shoots lights out, and I don't want to phuck that up. Thinking 65 inch lbs for all? </div></div>

GoodNTight. lol.

I cant find it in the manual either. id also be interested to know if you guys are throwing the torque wrench on them when putting them back together.

I hit mine with 65 because I've got one of those calibrated wrenches. It works well but I'm sure 55 works just as well.
Justin

are you guys torquing the pinch bolt that holds the stock on the same as the middle and front bolt that holds the action on?

As said above I torque mine to 65lbin. I dont torque the stock screws just hand tight, except for the 1 screw that is on the under side of the action for the buttstock (its covered by the trigger) I torque it b/c it helps pull the action into the chassis.

I received this advice from SAKO, Finland, some years ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Normally, when rifle is assembled at the factory no certain torque is used. Comprehensive testing has showed that slight differences in fixing torque has practically no effect on accuracy on SAKO TRG, normal "hand tight" fixing is sufficent. However if you wish to use certain torque, values have been given mainly for law enforcement armourer purposes.

Action screws/ rear stock screws: 14 Nm
Trigger assembly screw: 10 Nm
Front stock screws: 4 Nm
Cheek piece: 3 Nm
Butt plate: 4 Nm
Muzzle Brake: 10 Nm</div></div>

14Nm=123.9in-lb, 10Nm=88.5in-lb, 4Nm=35.4in-lb, 3Nm=26.6in-lb

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">14Nm=123.9in-lb, 10Nm=88.5in-lb, 4Nm=35.4in-lb, 3Nm=26.6in-lb</div></div>

Dang, that's cranked down!