• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Action with lightest bolt lift?

richie3888

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2022
California
I’m in the market for a new action and wondering who makes a custom action with a light bolt lift? I have an Origin Action and the lift isn’t as buttery smooth as my friends Defiance action.

1 Requirement for the action would it has to accept Prefits.

Most 90 degree 700 clones are going to be about the same as far as how light the bolt lift is. Smoothness is usually about the same too. The more cycles the smoother the lift gets too so his defiance could just have more rounds on it.

If you already have an origin I’d just buy another so you have interchangeability with shouldered prefits if need be and not worry if the lift of another action may be a little smoother.

this

i send triggers to zermatt to time for a reason

Is there any way to measure/see if it's even worth sending in or not?

I have an Origin and TT Diamond and its bolt-lift, even when cocking, is as light as anything I've ever felt (which is just about everything)...

I have an Origin and TT Diamond and its bolt-lift, even when cocking, is as light as anything I've ever felt (which is just about everything)...
Typically manifests as cock on close. You’d know, I’d think.

Reactions: CK1.0
Kelbly atlas tac or lone peak fuzion/impact 737. These would be really close to the lightest lift. The deadline gen 2 also has a shockingly light lift

Wish i had an Origin to compare to a couple of Kelblys i have.
They are the smoothest i have ever had but havent used pretry much all others like some here.

Are you physically disabled in some way or just trying to save a tenth on the 800 yard gong? Not ment as a dis. A legit question. Impact 737r is the lightest I have felt.
Stay away from 3 lug.

Reactions: stanley_white
It's tough to argue with this, the Kelbly actions are super smooth and their bolt-lift is probably a hair lighter than an Origin's.
Yah I really feel the kelbly offers a ton of action for the money. I own both and shoot both and like both, but I feel the kelbly is a phenomenal action in comparison to the others I own.

Reactions: Nivium
The kelbly’s are smoother in my opinion then the origin/tl3
I tried a little experiment with the two i own.
One i left as it came out of the box and one i sprayed the bolt body and back of the lugs with CRC dry molybdenum and ofcourse greased the areas that should be on both.
Niether action has more 400 rds on them but the one i used dry moly on seems lighter and smoother but not by much.

Reactions: Matt_3479
IMO with most of the good 90-degree actions out there like Impact/Lone Peak/Kelbly/Zermatt/etc, the difference is sort of splitting hairs since they're all really light.

That said, rounds/cycles matter and they all get even better with use... my Origin started out good, but seems stupid light now mostly due to ~6k rounds on it and maybe another 6000 dry-fire cycles...

Reactions: parshal and XLR308

Just email ray at [email protected] and tell him you have a tt diamond and want it timed he will send you the correct cocking piece

Tl3 has very light lift, as does an kelbly atlas, but they cheat it with a very long bolt handle. The TL3 has less cocking going on upon lift, 20% less pin fall than the kelbly.

I have 2 of those setups. Both are perfect. 737 action and TT diamond just dropped in and I don't think it could be any better.
Yea mine is very good as well but I have heard you could tune them a little bit. Just searching for better and better lol

Also look at an archimedes. It is lighter when timed than my 90 deg actions and tikkas etc. I would assume the coup does grace would be similar but I don’t have one to say for certain. So far the archimedes timed to a trigger tech special has been the lightest bolt lift I have had.

My old Surgeon had a pretty light throw, I used (don’t laugh) Super Lube PTFE Gerase on the lugs, it was smooth and easy yet felt like some heft was being actuated, my new ATX with the 60 degree throw is a little heavier but i believe through dry fire and shooting it it will be about the same as the Surgeon

Lightest bolt lift is on my Impact Titan. Second lightest is my Kelbly Nanook.
Smoothest action is my Kelbly Nanook. Second smoothest is my Impact Titan.

Have and handled a bunch of actions (pretty much everything but a Falkor), and the best in every way have been the Nanook and the Titan. Nanook probably wins because it is lighter, and because the Impact Titan is extremely rare/unobtainium.

If you want the lightest bolt lift and that is all you care about for some reason, go with the Nanook.

*Edited to note that both accept prefits.

Reactions: Matt_3479
Lightest bolt lift is on my Impact Titan. Second lightest is my Kelbly Nanook.
Smoothest action is my Kelbly Nanook. Second smoothest is my Impact Titan.

Have and handled a bunch of actions (pretty much everything but a Falkor), and the best in every way have been the Nanook and the Titan. Nanook probably wins because it is lighter, and because the Impact Titan is extremely rare/unobtainium.

If you want the lightest bolt lift and that is all you care about for some reason, go with the Nanook.

*Edited to note that both accept prefits.

I’ve been curious on the titan, glad to hear it’s a good action. Their 737 is phenomenal.

The falkor is next on the list for me, definitely eager to compare to the 737 and fuzion as it’s pretty similar

Reactions: Nivium
Falkor is very light as well, very comparable to an impact and lone peak.
Yah I felt one at shot show this year but not side by each. I own both the impact and fuzion so would love to get them together