• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Action wrench for havak?

Huskyfever03

Private
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2008
PNW
Does the havak action use a standard rem 700 action wrench? Just had the barrel come loose while removing my brake šŸ˜

I know that Seekins makes an action wrench specifically for the havak-- but other styles may work as well.

When removing brakes I clamp the barrel- so that you can't loosen the barrel from the action. Unless- you were just removing it by hand and the barrel spun? In that case I'd make them take care of it.

Does your rifle happen to be a 300WM? I know that some of those made it out without being properly torqued.

I know that Seekins makes an action wrench specifically for the havak-- but other styles may work as well.

When removing brakes I clamp the barrel- so that you can't loosen the barrel from the action. Unless- you were just removing it by hand and the barrel spun? In that case I'd make them take care of it.
Yes I should have clamped it but have never once had it happen until now and the barrel spun before the brake did. Called seekins and they said their proprietary wrench is my only ticket

Mine is in 6.5