• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Action Wrenches - SAC vs Impact

FNG1001

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2022
USA
I recently picked up an Impact 737r action. Looking forward to using it and swapping out barrels.
Which action wrench is the preferred option? I've narrowed my choices to (open to alternatives too):
My experience with SAC quality and their customer services has been very good, but an action wrench created by the Impact also had me thinking.

Anyone use Bugholes action wrench? They do great work, and curious if their action wrench is worth it over any other.

The Bugholes R700 action wrench will not work with the impact action. We do make an Impact action wrench but it’s not listed on the website. We sell a few here and there when impact is out of stock (not trying to compete with them). our impact wrench is made from 17-4 and perfectly fitted to the impact action, it’s the same price as our R700 wrench.

I would avoid the sac wrench. $75 "warranty" replacement. Going to get bugholes from now on.
image0.jpeg

Reactions: Terp
If you get the SAC wrench be sure you get the right head. I had to modify mine to work with a Surgeon because of the anti bind rail. SAC makes really nice stuff, but I’d probably go with the Impact if that’s all you’re gonna use it on.

I have nothing bad to say about my SAC wrench. She's never let me down after a few factory tikka barrels that were installed by silverback gorillas.

• Haha
Reactions: Jcarpenter223
I also enjoy the SAC wrench. Swapping from Lone Peak/Impact to Bat and just swapping the bumpers is painless.

The Bugholes R700 action wrench will not work with the impact action. We do make an Impact action wrench but it’s not listed on the website. We sell a few here and there when impact is out of stock (not trying to compete with them). our impact wrench is made from 17-4 and perfectly fitted to the impact action, it’s the same price as our R700 wrench.
Do you have an impact wrench for LH 737?