• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Actions that feed AW mags

Scotch_egg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2010
England
Folks I am sure this has been covered but my search failed.

What actions are now available that will feed from a double stack AW mag.

I am sure I have seen a topic on making adjustments to a std action to feed an AW mag but no details were provided.

A nice short double stack is the way forward

Many thanks

Dave

Re: Actions that feed AW mags

Defiance machine makes one, uses the guardian mag well. Same or similar action some of the custom guys are building on (GAP, UGSW, LA Precision, R&D Precision, maybe some others...) Also, Stiller is offering an AW cut. Badger M2008. Precision Shooting Sports Apex VR-1.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong or missing some.

Surgeon can be milled to work. Rumor had it BAT was working on a AW cut as well.

My M2008 feeds off of them great. That's the only one I've ever had that fed from AW mags. and the double stack 10 rounders are nice.

When I had GAP build my rifle(built on a Surgeon action) they told me that it could not take the AW mag. This was a disapointment to me. They also said that their Templar action would work with the AW mag, and I could use that for the build. I had my heart set on the Surgeon 591 action, so no AW mags for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gregch44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I had GAP build my rifle(built on a Surgeon action) they told me that it could not take the AW mag. This was a disapointment to me. They also said that their Templar action would work with the AW mag, and I could use that for the build. I had my heart set on the Surgeon 591 action, so no AW mags for me. </div></div>

That's interesting. I'm not intimately familiar with the 591 but was under the impression it could be made to take the AW mags.
Click Here

I thought it was tricky but could be done. Maybe it's just the RSR.

I had my Savage milled out so it would feed from AW mags. Figured it originally feed from a staggered mag so it should work, and it has. I bought the CDI bottom metal and had them inlet my stock and do the mods to the action. Fast turnaround and quality work. Bottom metal is not flush with bottom of stock, but that is the problem of the stock not the kit. Does not look the nicest, but it works and for the price I will take it.

Thanks for the replies. It is good to see that pretty much any M700 clone can be milled to fit. Would any one be able to provide specs on what work needs to be done. I think it would be easier to get the work carried out thant trying to import a new action.