• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Actual Experiences with JLK 140 VLDs in 260 Rem?

CPRifle

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
May 11, 2010
Colorado
www.cprifle.com
I hear how the JLK 140's (6.5mm) have a great B.C. (verified by Bryan Litz's book), however I haven't seen very many posts on actual experiences with this bullet in 260 Remington.

Please share if you have used this bullet; I'm interested in the following:

1) Overall impressions and comparison to other popular 139/140/142 bullets
2) Case overal length (COL); the JLKs look to have a much longer ogive than all the other comparable weight bullets
3) Seating depth with respect to the lands, i.e. touching, 0.020 jump, etc.

Thanks! (I tried searching btw... not much came up)

Re: Actual Experiences with JLK 140 VLDs in 260 Rem?

I just barely got started with them & haven't had time to continue. I did have to bump my charge from 42.6gr to 43.0 gr of RE17 to match my numbers with the Berger VLD.

Bump - Getting ready to try some out. Anyone out there with actual JLK 140 experiences?

They're relatively expensive and sometimes take long to get, so few probably use them. You would likely have better luck asking on an F-class forum.

Just an update - I've shot about 600 of these 140 JLKs now.

I'm getting 2820fps from a 26" 260 with 43.3gr of H-4350. I couldn't be happier with the consistency and how well the calculated ballistics match. The B.C. in Litz's book seems to be spot on.

Although I haven't tried other 140gr bullets in this rifle (I have in a gas gun), I don't see how others could compare to the high B.C.; I'll be ordering more in the future.

Regarding my initial questions, I'll try to answer for other peoples sake.
1) See above
2) I run AIAW mags, and there is plenty of extra room in the mags, about 0.100". My COAL is around 2.870"
3) I'm jumping about 0.020". Small changes to the seating depths didn't make a huge difference.

What brass and primer are you using?

Haven't had ANY luck so far with the JLK 130's in my 24" .260.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: supersniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What brass and primer are you using?

Haven't had ANY luck so far with the JLK 130's in my 24" .260. </div></div>

what's ur load data?
OAL?
Jammed/jumped?

My current bullet is the Berger 140gr VLD, but this seems promising. Is there really enough difference to warrant switching over though? Could someone who's used both chime in here?

GAP 22" 260

JLK 130
OAL 2.90
44.5 H4350
Lapua Brass
BR2 primer

2900 FPS

my recent load up:

JLK 130
OAL 2.95
50gr H4831SC
Win brass
BR2

2940 fps

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrFish</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just an update - I've shot about 600 of these 140 JLKs now.

I'm getting 2820fps from a 26" 260 with 43.3gr of H-4350. I couldn't be happier with the consistency and how well the calculated ballistics match. The B.C. in Litz's book seems to be spot on.

Although I haven't tried other 140gr bullets in this rifle (I have in a gas gun), I don't see how others could compare to the high B.C.; I'll be ordering more in the future.

Regarding my initial questions, I'll try to answer for other peoples sake.
1) See above
2) I run AIAW mags, and there is plenty of extra room in the mags, about 0.100". My COAL is around 2.870"
3) I'm jumping about 0.020". Small changes to the seating depths didn't make a huge difference. </div></div>

Curious what gas gun are you running?
I ordered these wonderful bullets but I could not even load them due to the ogive location. I would have had an open case mouth around the bullet.
They are long and slippery!
T