• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Adams Arms C.O.R. Opinions

Armored Transport

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 16, 2012
I am for the most part a bolt gun shooter. I do have a big bore AR ( Beowulf) and was looking to get a 5.56 upper to play with. I don't get junk but looking at the amount of CNC outfits putting out AR's it is leaving me scratching my head. I like the idea of the gas piston system on the Adams products so like the title says I am looking for user feedback OR suggestions on a company selling quality uppers that would hold up to everything comp. shooting could throw at it.....Pro's or con's on piston set-ups would be great as well.....Thank's for you time and input....A.T.

If u don't like junk stay away from piston systems in a di gun...

Shits been hashed over so many times in last 10 years no need to start another one

Keep in mind dirt shooters and hobbiests who throw 250 rds/yr down a range in perfect conditions vs proffesional trainers and heavy vollume shooters who wear out barrels every year do not rate the same opinion.

Anyone can own something and say its great, with a whole shit load of ignorant bravo and self justifying their purchase.

These systems have all been run in HEAVY vollume in large enough samples that its safe to say, piston guns are a waste of money. There is NOTHING they do better other than a slight advantage with short barrels and running cans. Even then, you still get a decent ammount of blowback and since the early days of the HK416 Requirements, the Major players have all figured out optimal gas port size and location to ensure reliability.

When someone says something like "I got XX a few weeks ago and its the greatest ever", you know instantaly to ignore every word they type.... If you don't understand why.... then you probally deserve a piston gun......Beacuse stupid should hurt (in the pocketbook as well).

The ONLY reason I went piston was to run a 7.5" 5.56 suppressed and not have to worry about high pressure tolerances. Other than that single use case I prefer DI. I should note that I have an 11.5" switchblock and a 13.8" middy - both DI - with about 8k through the DIs and 3.5k through the AA piston. If you aren't running super short then go with a quality DI with an adjustable gas set up...

Thank's for your time and input.....The Hide always is an education.

Last edited:
There is plenty of debate out there on DI vs Pistons, plenty.
But don't let anyone tell you it's settled one way or another.
Do your own research and come to your own conclusions.