• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Adams County Veterans Memorial.

Jefe's Dope

Red Forman
Minuteman
  • Dec 20, 2017
    We just moved near Riverdale Golf Course and Adams County Fairgrounds, lived near before just closer now, and I drive by this new memorial on my way back and forth to work. It's not 100% complete but I believe you can visit it and get on it now. It's pretty cool and thought I'd share.

These pics are just an artist's rendering but this is what it looks like. I'll try and get some actual pics on my way home today or tomorrow or this weekend but we're still elbow deep in moving and time is running out to get out of our old house.

Rendering_9.jpg

Rendering_3.jpg

Who pays for all things like this?
    That park, while absolutely gorgeous, must be in the millions of dollars.
    Isn't there a 100 ways to spend that money in honor of the veterans than that.
    And not only the initial cost but how much does it cost to maintain these parks yearly.
    I don't want to be the dick but I hate spending money on shit like this, what happened to an old Sherman tank in central park like in the old days?

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    I hear your sentiment as a vet oneshot.

No idea.

And it is nice.
    Guessing park space paid for by taxes and the allotted “funds” from lotto and gambling taxes here in CO that go to parks.

Our state parks here are paid for by ripping us all off on hunting tags/fishing licenses and points for rarer hunts like bighorn sheep, mtn goats, and moose.

CO is for sure a clown world.

And Im glad some parts still honor vets, better than the useless hippies I saw boo the flag and color guard at an Independence Day parade…..

Reactions: Foul Mike
    I hear your sentiment as a vet oneshot.

No idea.

And it is nice.
    Guessing park space paid for by taxes and the allotted “funds” from lotto and gambling taxes here in CO that go to parks.

Our state parks here are paid for by ripping us all off on hunting tags/fishing licenses and points for rarer hunts like bighorn sheep, mtn goats, and moose.

CO is for sure a clown world.

And Im glad some parts still honor vets, better than the useless hippies I saw boo the flag and color guard at an Independence Day parade…..
    It could be worse. Colorado Div if Wildlife could do the math and realize that the real money is in out of state hunters, that there are enough out of state hunters to fill annual quotas, and tell resident CO hunters to pound sand.

It could be worse. Colorado Div if Wildlife could do the math and realize that the real money is in out of state hunters, that there are enough out of state hunters to fill annual quotas, and tell resident CO hunters to pound sand.

They dang near have…..
    $770 for an OOS elk tag, unlimited in number and over the counter for OOS hunters….
    Guess who didnt draw jack in first draw this year in 2 units?

Back to the vets memorial though…

They dang near have…..
    $770 for an OOS elk tag, unlimited in number and over the counter for OOS hunters….
    Guess who didnt draw jack in first draw this year in 2 units?

Back to the vets memorial though…
    They could spend that money in way worse ways than a veteran themed multi-use public space. I mean, it could be a transgender celebration park. Or, Ukraine Freedom park. Or, a “get your free needles here and shoot up in the lobby” clinic. Or, they could sell the public space to a developer so that he can build a strip mall or an apartment complex.

As someone that never served, I’ll take the Vet Memorial over any of the above.

I guess I'm reminded that this is indeed the internet and someone will find a way to shit on anything you post. You could post the cure to cancer and some asshole will come in and shit on your thread 'cause he's having a shitty day and has to take you right down to his level. You never disappoint.

Reactions: Foul Mike
    We just moved near Riverdale Golf Course and Adams County Fairgrounds, lived near before just closer now, and I drive by this new memorial on my way back and forth to work. It's not 100% complete but I believe you can visit it and get on it now. It's pretty cool and thought I'd share.

These pics are just an artist's rendering but this is what it looks like. I'll try and get some actual pics on my way home today or tomorrow or this weekend but we're still elbow deep in moving and time is running out to get out of our old house.

Rendering_9.jpg

Rendering_3.jpg
    Pretty cool design and layout. Much better than the granite or some other material with names on it, which seems to be the standard. If I was in the area it would be on the agenda for a visit. Hopefully it gets promoted to draw the tourist into the area.
    As for the money. Many times these are funded through donations. Something like this can offset any public money by bringing in the tourist that will spend money at the local businesses. Which pay the largest portion of taxes.

I guess I'm reminded that this is indeed the internet and someone will find a way to shit on anything you post. You could post the cure to cancer and some asshole will come in and shit on your thread 'cause he's having a shitty day and has to take you right down to his level. You never disappoint.
    It is hard to believe that questioning the money spent on projects like this, while veterans complain endlessly of their basic needs not being met, is somehow “stooping”.

The intellectually honest approach would be to recognize the question is valid, then counterpoint on the true value of these memorials. Further pointing out that if not for our insanely wasteful government and some poorly managed veteran charities, this would not even be a question. We can easily do both……..

It is hard to believe that questioning the money spent on projects like this, while veterans complain endlessly of their basic needs not being met, is somehow “stooping”.

The intellectually honest approach would be to recognize the question is valid, then counterpoint on the true value of these memorials. Further pointing out that if not for our insanely wasteful government and some poorly managed veteran charities, this would not even be a question. We can easily do both……..
    So it's my county's responsibility to make up the shortfalls of the Federal Governments lack of responsibility to veterans? Nice try. Keep shitting on my thread instead of enjoying a remarkable memorial to veterans. I mean, it is the internet and it's your duty to question everything ever posted. You'll save us all, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

So it's my county's responsibility to make up the shortfalls of the Federal Governments lack of responsibility to veterans? Nice try. Keep shitting on my thread instead of enjoying a remarkable memorial to veterans. I mean, it is the internet and it's your duty to question everything ever posted. You'll save us all, I'm sure. :rolleyes:
    Ok thread Karen. When you post we’ll be ever so careful to thread lightly…..Just make sure your socks and panties match today…..

Ok thread Karen. When you post we’ll be ever so careful to thread lightly…..Just make sure your socks and panties match today…..
    You're the one shitting on my thread. That technically makes you the "Thread Karen". Are you always this stupid?