• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Adapter needed. Any ideas???

Bobcape

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2008
Rapid City, SD
<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> <span style="font-size: 11pt"> <span style="color: #3333FF">
I posted this in another thread, but i think it was the wrong forum. I'm looking for an adapter to go from a flush mount swivel to a standard swivel stud. That way I can mount a Harris bipod onto a flush mount swivel base. Does anybody have an idea where I can find one? If I can find one, I can do away with the front stud so the rifle will ride a bag better. Thanks for any suggestions.

Bob

</span> </span> </span>

Re: Adapter needed. Any ideas???

flush mount on the bottom front is nearly useless...but you already know that

...i don't think i have ever seen an item like the one you ask about

For a smooth forend a recessed accessory rail is the way to fly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For a smooth forend a recessed accessory rail is the way to fly. </div></div>

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> <span style="font-size: 11pt"> <span style="color: #3333FF">
This is a good idea! What rail do you recommend?

Bob
</span> </span> </span>

Someone gave me a link to this one. It looks like what I want. It's a little expensive and it's small enough that I'll probably loose it. I didn't have time to call them on Friday. I'll try this week to reach them and see if this is going to work. It mentions an Allen wrench included for attachment. I'm not sure how that works. I was hoping it would just be a push button. I'll probably get one and try it out.

Bob
</span> </span> </span>