• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Adapter Question

Victory

Pagan Raider
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2005
Making bad guys nervous
Do any of you guys use one, and if so, any issues?

It is for a thread on .308 can, and I just want to see if it stays tight or any issues with baffle strikes.

Any insight would be great and suggestions on a reputable brand.

I used to use an adapter for my M1A (before it was sold), and never had any issues.

Use rocksett and you shouldn't have a problem with the adapter moving.

Would blue loctite work? I've never used Rocksett, but was under the impression that it was more of something to use when I don't want it to ever come off. Would blue locktite work better for this?

Would blue loctite work? I've never used Rocksett, but was under the impression that it was more of something to use when I don't want it to ever come off. Would blue locktite work better for this?

Rocksett only requires 35 pounds of force to break, but can withstand higher temperatures then locktite... that's why it's recommended by manufactures for brake/flash hider installations.

I personally have never used locktite for that type of applications, but as long as you weren't doing mag dumps I assume it would work.... but will let others chime in on it's merits.

Last edited:
Are you just talking about a thread adapter? If so I've used them plenty. I just make my own on my lathe.

TROSUSA.com will get one right out to you.

I have had no issues putting my Sako-threaded cans on my AR.

Yeah, sorry if I didn't word it right.

I want to use my 5/8x24 threaded can on a 1/2x28 threaded AR. I know people do it all the time, just wanted to see if there are any issues I needed to be aware of. The can is a direct thread.

Thanks