• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Adapters for an ANVIS9 flight mount to Wilcox ground helmet shrouds?

Hollywood 6mm

Old Salt
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2013
Flori-duh.
I find myself in need of running a ball detent mount on a TW helmet with a Wilcox shroud. I have one of the aviation type mounts (with built in power supply, not remote battery pack) from a flight helmet, and need to put it on said TW helmet. I've found both some US and Chinese adapters that work with a Norotos type plate, but I'd like to see if there's any other suggestions on the easiest and most economical way to make this work. What have you guys used that you've been happy with.

As much as I'd like to have a SAM and a remote battery pack, that's just not in the budget right now.

Possibly, well probably...both. :D

I'm sure he's going to deride me for being poor, etc. I tripped into a deal of a lifetime on a new set of NVGs, and my wallet is still recovering from that and some other expenditures, otherwise I'd just buy a SAM and battery pack and be done with it. I've been scumming EBay and the exchange here looking for used deals, but not much luck there so far either.

I read your post a few times and you never mention that you have an ANVIS9 or 6 or anything. What unit are you trying to put on the helmet because they tend to be the limiting factor as to what you can use.

If you have a 9, you're basically stuck needing to get the SAM because of the way it attaches and gets power. And you you do have ANVIS, what the hell is a few extra hundred bucks?

I read your post a few times and you never mention that you have an ANVIS9 or 6 or anything. What unit are you trying to put on the helmet because they tend to be the limiting factor as to what you can use.

If you have a 9, you're basically stuck needing to get the SAM because of the way it attaches and gets power. And you you do have ANVIS, what the hell is a few extra hundred bucks?

They're 9s, but they're coming with an aviation mount (IE: 4-hole direct mount from an aviation helmet, no QD plate) that has the integrated AA-powered power supply in the mount - no aux battery pack needed if I can use that mount.

I'm getting them in trade, and my bank account has taken a recent beating, so buying a SAM and a battery pack (even a used one on EBay) isn't in the cards just yet. Once my bank account recovers, I will probably be going the SAM route (or getting an aviation mount that takes remote power packs) and an external battery. In the meantime, I need a simpler/cheaper way to get them running on my TW helmet.

Its one of those things where you'll end up spending half as much for a temporary fix than you would for what you should get in the first place.

This might work: https://www.dlptactical.com/products/anvis-an-avs-6-an-avs-9-cnc-machined-ground-helmet-nvg-mount
That's one of the options I've looked at.

The cost issue is complicated by the need for an external battery, though - if I buy a SAM, etc. I also have to shell out the cash for a battery unit to power the whole thing. The mount coming with the 9s provides power from two AAs, so no external needed.

So a follow up for this - I ended up catching a screaming deal on a LNIB Wilcox G02 mount (missing the aux power adapter, which I wasn't worried about) for my goggles, and the G02 is working perfectly. Even better, I can now run them off a single 123A instead of a pair of AAs, so it's less battery types to deal with, and the replacement detent makes it a LOT harder to dump the goggles out of the mount by accident.... not that I already had that happen with the ITT mount or anything...

I got the Chinese adapter plate in this week, and - to nobody's surprise, really - the 4 mounting holes for the ANVIS aviation mounts don't line up with the actual mount. So that's going back to China and I might eventually get a refund.