• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Adapting a atlas clone to arca

Gros21

Private
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2019
Well I have a atlas clone and need to adapt to my mdt acc arca rail.

It has a picatinny mount on it at moment which is bolted to the faster ona dove tail like set up screw placement is approx 1"

Is there any budget friendly options?

Attachments

• 15894366889134555931079531301013.jpg
    15894366889134555931079531301013.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 15894367336387596677217877914951.jpg
    15894367336387596677217877914951.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 110
What you have is counterfeit shit, which nobody here supports. Buy a real Atlas and you'll have lots of options.

Putting those on your rifle is a slap to the company that produces the real thing. They post here all the time.

They've also supported the sport, consistently, for as long as I can remember. So support them, toss the counterfeit, and buy the real thing.

Then we'll talk about how to get it on an RRS rail.

I run a accua tac on my 308 this is for a 22lr.

I presume most people run a clone of either Harris or atlas or do you expect everyone to run a $100+ bipod even for the there plinking rifles.

I presume most people run a clone of either Harris or atlas or do you expect everyone to run a $100+ bipod even for the there plinking rifles.

Harris' patents are long expired. It may be scummy, but they're fair game for copies.

Atlas/B&T's patents are valid and enforceable in the US, but unfortunately it's almost impossible to stop scumbag Chinese factories from making knockoffs.

If you need a cheap bipod for a 22, buy a Harris clone, a real Harris, or a Magpul. There's a few Chinese models out there, too, that are at least somewhat original.

Shitcan the fake Atlas. The overwhelming majority are junk and break easily anyway.

I may move my accu tac onto the 22lr then. But either way it's br4 pic rail set up and need to adapt it.

I may even be able to keep the clone and still get my $$$ back.

I don't want semi decent bipod or at least good value for money we already get nailed with paying extra in Australia.

Yes we run the real things. The clones ain't worth it. They are movable. Super easy to run the same bipod on multiple guns. Harris is retired. Real Harris.
20200514004651_IMG_0492.JPG
20200514004601_IMG_0491.JPG

Real Atlas Cal no dye
20200514004921_IMG_0496.JPG
20200514004814_IMG_0494.JPG
20200514004454_IMG_0490.JPG

BTW haven't actually run my pistol like that but I could.

Reactions: Tunnuh
My rifles are all qd stud bar the 308 in a xlr evo with mlok to pic adaptor and the new v22 when it arrives in a acc chassis.

But there doesn't seem to be any budget arca bipods I don't need anything to crazy.

If you gotta do it.... just buy an inexpensive camera adapter. Drill/countersink a couple holes. That will get you by until you buy a new BT industries no clamp, and then add the clamp of your choice. I would recommend the one that is universal (ARCA/picatinny) as made by RRS. I think its called the BTC-pro.

If you are assembling this as a proof of concept just to try out, It will not be nearly as stable as the original bipod, with a dedicated clamp. You won't get a good feel for how solid the original manufacturers equipment works together with this sytem. Trust me... I've seen this very thing.

Reactions: Changed
If you want to run ARCA on it what you should do is... throw that cheap piece of shit in the garbage can, then get it out and hit yourself in the head with it. Cheap Chinese knock-offs stifle innovation and generally the suck ass as well. BUY A REAL BIPOD then come back

First take that cheap Chinese knock off shit and beat the shit out of it with a hammer to take out some frustration for the Chinese copying the great products designed and made in USA then throw it in the dumpster, you can get a Harris for around a hundred bucks, at least they are somewhat made here and are an American company they work for what they are, use it until you can save up enough dough to get what you really want, a lot of options out there just depends on how much you want to spend, I have an Atlas Cal(the real thing) and like it a lot.

I would recommend the one that is universal (ARCA/picatinny) as made by RRS. I think its called the BTC-pro.

He won't spend 200 on a bipod and you think he's going to spend $70 on a clamp? 🤣

tenor.gif

Try eBay OP maybe you can find some kinda garbage knockoff clamp that's compatible with the garbage knockoff bipod you've got there.

To answer your question: Yes. The cheapest bipod I have is also the first I bought, a genuine Harris, it's on my wife's 22 cause 🤷🏼‍♂️ All my rifles wear either Atlas or a Ckyepod.

Ok,here's your answer, the bipod is removable so you can transfer it to other weapons.
I'm pretty well off financially but that doesn't mean I should buy a couple dozen Atlas Bipods.
However, I do own more that one

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
I only have 1 rifle that has arca (mdt acc) xlr evo uses a pic mount bipod.

All other rifles have swing stud bipods.

Tbh I'm aussie so buying usa doesn't mean much to me. Atlas and accu tac are both are limited range at lgs. They rarely make orders they have 1 arca accu tec in stock and its the xx-12" high one at $649 there unsure when next order will be made but will be quite Alot more than that.

I want the shorter one.

area 419 makes an adapter that will work on a atlas bipod to accept arca swiss rails i am sure there are others but I was happy with the 419's version
its 80.00 its just an option there are others that make products like it you could find cheaper if that is an item you wanted .

Last edited:
Reactions: miscexpense
Then add $92 us for delivery. I've heard good things about area 419 gear but I'd there going to rip me that much for delivery I think not.

I only have 1 rifle that has arca (mdt acc) xlr evo uses a pic mount bipod.

All other rifles have swing stud bipods.

Tbh I'm aussie so buying usa doesn't mean much to me. Atlas and accu tac are both are limited range at lgs. They rarely make orders they have 1 arca accu tec in stock and its the xx-12" high one at $649 there unsure when next order will be made but will be quite Alot more than that.

I want the shorter one.
Just put a small pic rail on all your rifles instead of the sling stud and problem solved. Then you can buy one decent bipod instead of buying cheap shit and supporting people who steal things

Last edited:
Reactions: Ravenworks
Just put a small pic rail on all your rifles instead of the sling stud and problem solved. Then you can buy one decent bipod instead of buying cheap shit and supporting people who steal things

Rifles have mainly cardwell 6-9" bipods there would be 6~7 of those
which are cheap but do the job. There is no point flogging them off and getting picatinny adaptors for each rifle and shuffling the atlas arround.

Rifles have mainly cardwell 6-9" bipods there would be 6~7 of those
which are cheap but do the job. There is no point flogging them off and getting picatinny adaptors for each rifle and shuffling the atlas arround.
Fine. Then pony up for the really right stuff btca with sclr clamp. It is a lever clamp that fits picatinny and arca. Do you want crap or not.

Or this. https://soar.reallyrightstuff.com/BTC-Pro-Clamp-for-Atlas-Bipod

$60x7 for your caldwell = $420

Atlas cal $240+ rrs btc pro$70 = $310 a much better bipod.
Leaves plenty of money for 7 of these. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NVK0RR2/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_iIOVEbW8B3ANT

$310 +$70= $380
Much better value.

Don't be such a cheapwad.

I already have the cardwells on all my guns. Selling them would lead next to nothing. I may look at buying 1 or 2 adaptors for the 223 and see how it goes.

I've get the money back on the clone atlas. With no viable options at my local gun shop for the next 6months + till they make a order.

I'm still stuck with either ordering my own from elseware or adapting the Cardwell or accu tec or clone to arca.

Or go side mounted mloc

"Tbh I'm aussie so buying usa doesn't mean much to me. "

It's pretty shitty to knowingly buy a product from China that infringes on a patented product, then act dismissive when people offer solutions despite not caring about that.

I'm from the USA so your problem doesn't mean much to me.

By that I mean buying USA products to be all patriotic means zero to me and I wouldn't expect someone from USA to buy a aussie product just cause its aussie made.

As to waiting for area 419 sale the cost of the adaptor isnt the issue its charging $90 for delivery.

Ive just had a trigger and edope card sent to me for 1/3rd of that they would also get business rates. I've had much bigger orders from brownells sent for half that for a company that sells Alot of smaller parts they should have it down pat.

Brownells actually seems to stock it so may fill my cart up and place a order.

By that I mean buying USA products to be all patriotic means zero to me and I wouldn't expect someone from USA to buy a aussie product just cause its aussie made.

Sure, but that’s not really what’s going on. I wouldn’t buy knockoff Lightforce lights, for example. That they’re Aussie made is irrelevant to buying a POS or not.

Not to be an asshole but $100 is absolutely nothing in this hobby. Most people have $500+ in old rear bag/gamechangers etc let alone all the other spare parts laying around

By that I mean buying USA products to be all patriotic means zero to me

It's not about being patriotic, askhole, it's about not buying cheap shit that breaks while you waive the middle finger at the company that came up with the design, regardless of where they're from.

You're on the wrong website, try airsoftforfags.com or something maybe they can help get you squared away.

If not buying genuine products (produced by a company that supports the hell out of our sport) doesn't matter to you than your little Aussie problems don't matter to me.

I think I hear a dingo out back... better put your ghillie on and take care of business, Caldwell style!

My suggestion would be to get rid of the knockoff POS. I have seen plenty of them and they are all junk. They aren’t stable and break really easy. There is also a really good chance that if you extend the leg it will come off in your hand. If you want a budget bipod pick up a Harris clone. there are some pretty decent ones out there. All the Atlas and Accu Tac knock offs I have seen are real junk though.

Personally I have two good bipods that I move around and several Harris bipods and a Harris clone or two. My match rifles have arca rails and I have an arca clamp with a pic rail adapter. all my other rifles have been converted to pic rails instead of sling studs. It makes switching stuff around a snap. It’s easier to transport a rifle in a bag without the bipod on anyway so I just put a bipod on when I pull the rifle out of the bag and am ready to shoot it.

It's not about being patriotic, askhole, it's about not buying cheap shit that breaks while you waive the middle finger at the company that came up with the design, regardless of where they're from.

You're on the wrong website, try airsoftforfags.com or something maybe they can help get you squared away.

If not buying genuine products (produced by a company that supports the hell out of our sport) doesn't matter to you than your little Aussie problems don't matter to me.

I think I hear a dingo out back... better put your ghillie on and take care of business, Caldwell style!
reddit.com/r/MurderedByWords

Gros, Gros, Gros! After a year here you should have learned by now...(1) Never, ever admit that for whatever reason you bought a knockoff, (2) Never say you're on a budget (read poor), and (3) Never say you're from another country. The rich, elite snobs here don't like us hoi polloi. Especially furren hoi polloi! Keep on shootin! LOL

Reactions: L4ncy
Please stop saying you are Australian to bolster your position/argument.....
It is embarrassing the rest of us!

Plus it is irrelevant, things cost what they cost and seriously mate.... China?
Try watching the news, not about the Covid shit, but there trade embargo threats!
Regards
Pete

As to waiting for area 419 sale the cost of the adaptor isnt the issue its charging $90 for delivery.

Ive just had a trigger and edope card sent to me for 1/3rd of that they would also get business rates. I've had much bigger orders from brownells sent for half that for a company that sells Alot of smaller parts they should have it down pat.

Brownells actually seems to stock it so may fill my cart up and place a order.
You realize it’s not just because it’s USA made Right? It’s because you they are ripping off patented product that the guy is a huge supporter of the sport and a member here. But people like you don’t mind buying China knock of crap that doesn’t support anyone. I buy AI and tikka rifles. I’m not supporting USA products. But I don’t purchase knock off crap.

Tbh I'm aussie so buying usa doesn't mean much to me.

Are you fucking retarded? We don't give a fuck if you buy American products or not.

What we're telling you is that the god damned chinks are lying, stealing, virus releasing, worthless pieces of shit and YOU ARE HELPING THEM when you buy their shit. Shit that they copied and stole (IP) from people who actually put some effort into what they do.

Then add $92 us for delivery. I've heard good things about area 419 gear but I'd there going to rip me that much for delivery I think not.

So you want free shipping to the other end of the world?

GTFO

Reactions: Tunnuh
So you want free shipping to the other end of the world?

I for one would be happy with a bit more consistency instead of free shipping.
With shipping on small items ranging from 20-100 usd (exchange on top nearly doubling it lately.)
it's not insignificant.
But at the end of the day I'm also glad that a lot of people in the US will export,
it's a hobby and stuff costs what it costs which is better than not being able to get it at all.

Years ago I brought a LRA F-class, cost a fair amount of coin but I use it on different rifles and it is stable as a house.

I for one would be happy with a bit more consistency instead of free shipping.
With shipping on small items ranging from 20-100 usd (exchange on top nearly doubling it lately.)
it's not insignificant.
But at the end of the day I'm also glad that a lot of people in the US will export,
it's a hobby and stuff costs what it costs which is better than not being able to get it at all.

Years ago I brought a LRA F-class, cost a fair amount of coin but I use it on different rifles and it is stable as a house.
It's such a pitty lra stopped making them. I really want one but can't find one anywhere

It's such a pitty lra stopped making them. I really want one but can't find one anywhere

Yeah glad I got mine when I did as they seemed to disappear for years.
Did a quick check and their website is up and going again though so maybe ask them direct.

http://lraccuracy.com/

I though APO had something to do with the bipods when LRA went offline around 2014, they have pictures of a very similar bipod but no info.

Eurooptic would be a good place to ask as well. they have a few reviews from 2017, 18 and 19 so maybe a few bipods are being made and are getting sent out.

If you ever get one, get the QD hardware as it's a pain otherwise. Also in my quick search I've found out there are fake LRA bipods on ebay and such so bear that in mind if you find a 'second hand' one as it's a bit of money to lose if it is a fake.

I'd consider selling mine but I like it very much. :)

Reactions: McMillan

If you check Amazon they have the LRA bipods. I even saw a knock off of the LRA for$100. It seems the Chinese have no shame but we knew that already.

Are you fucking retarded? We don't give a fuck if you buy American products or not.

What we're telling you is that the god damned chinks are lying, stealing, virus releasing, worthless pieces of shit and YOU ARE HELPING THEM when you buy their shit. Shit that they copied and stole (IP) from people who actually put some effort into what they do.
Nice, let it all out and show your true colours. Racist! I didn't know blatant racism was acceptable on this website?! Hopefully a moderator will call you out for who you are.

Well I am sure this thread did not go in the intended direction,

We have a very dim view on the discussion or promotion of counterfeit Atlas bipods.

If you want to save money you get a Harris or any number of those clones. As noted the patents have long run their course.

The counterfeit Atlas out there however are a completely different story. Not only do they steal directly from a personal friend and contributor to this site and many members, they are not designed for real rifles. They are Airsoft products which usually break shortly after being put to use.

The justifications around the purchase of these products will continue to fall on deaf ears and probably get you run off. There is no rational justification, there is just excuses and ignorance.

Bipods are an essential part of the weapon system. Sure many consider them an accessory or usually an after thought in terms of their quality and use, but that does change the fact they have a big bearing on our performance. What happens to your ability to engage targets after they break?

A better bipod increases accuracy through physics, a better bipod PREVENTS CANTING and doesn’t just point it out that it is happening. A better bipod allows for successful engagement of targets through adaptability, why do think certain disciplines have better dedicated designs?

If you spend $5000 on a base rifle, then add in $2500 on a scope, toss in $200 to $500 on rings, it’s easy to see these systems are not cheap. But to say, okay I spent $7500 on a rifle system only to invest in $89 for a bipod seems foolish. Bipods help guide the recoil pulse, recoil tells the bullet where the barrel is upon release. An inconsistent pulse due to an out of square bipod will cause minor variations in group size. So why not spend 10% on the bipod vs 1%, $500. Is actually the right number, the fact we tend to pay less than that is function of the market so good on capitalism.

I would hope people reading this understand, it is not personal to point this out, it’s meant to educate the consumer. No Airsoft bipod is going to survive centerfire recoil. I get it, this was meant for a .22, but still the message is there, if you are public about supporting the Chinese knock off market, you will not be welcomed here. Go start a thread and tell everyone you are gonna create an OEM company out of China for Armaggeddon Gear products and see what happens, sure we know nylon is copied all the time. But make it public up front what the plan is and see how that works out. Or a Chinese Spuhr Copy, It’s never received well.

Last edited:

Many have commented in the other directions I might take a comment so I will take the one not mentioned yet....

You live in a country with very tight gun controls and must be heavily invested to own what you already do. As with Canada, the US, and pretty much any country that doesn't have an absolute out right ban on gun ownership we are have to be on constant alert as the boundaries are always being pushed. If we don't invest in the companies that promote and support our rights, we will be left to our own devices. "We must, indeed, all hang together or most assuredly we shall all hang separately" comes to mind. If the antis manage to put all industry out of business, what is left? Govt run business? I'm sure innovation will certainly thrive...

Not to mention the proximity of China to AU, it would seem that one would not want to feed the problem any more than necessary. What does the firearms/accessory manufacturing industry look like in Australia? How would it look if your ability to market such products was in a free market without the restrictions of import? What I'm saying is that supporting the companies that support us as shooters is necessary on many different levels. If bottom dollar pricing without awareness of the consequences is your goal, (and I'm speaking in general to anyone that thinks in this manner) the short sightedness is epic....

If you check Amazon they have the LRA bipods. I even saw a knock off of the LRA for$100. It seems the Chinese have no shame but we knew that already.
If they are on Amazon they a Chinese fakes.
Lra stopped making bipods years ago. They recently dos a run of thier light scout model bit I'm not interested in that

Well I am sure this thread did not go in the intended direction,

We have a very dim view on the discussion or promotion of counterfeit Atlas bipods.

If you want to save money you get a Harris or any number of those clones. As noted the patents have long run their course.

The counterfeit Atlas out there however are a completely different story. Not only do they steal directly from a personal friend and contributor to this site and many members, they are not designed for real rifles. They are Airsoft products which usually break shortly after being put to use.

The justifications around the purchase of these products will continue to fall on deaf ears and probably get you run off. There is no rational justification, there is just excuses and ignorance.

Bipods are an essential part of the weapon system. Sure many consider them an accessory or usually an after thought in terms of their quality and use, but that does change the fact they have a big bearing on our performance. What happens to your ability to engage targets after they break?

A better bipod increases accuracy through physics, a better bipod PREVENTS CANTING and doesn’t just point it out that it is happening. A better bipod allows for successful engagement of targets through adaptability, why do think certain disciplines have better dedicated designs?

If you spend $5000 on a base rifle, then add in $2500 on a scope, toss in $200 to $500 on rings, it’s easy to see these systems are not cheap. But to say, okay I spent $7500 on a rifle system only to invest in $89 for a bipod seems foolish. Bipods help guide the recoil pulse, recoil tells the bullet where the barrel is upon release. An inconsistent pulse due to an out of square bipod will cause minor variations in group size. So why not spend 10% on the bipod vs 1%, $500. Is actually the right number, the fact we tend to pay less than that is function of the market so good on capitalism.

I would hope people reading this understand, it is not personal to point this out, it’s meant to educate the consumer. No Airsoft bipod is going to survive centerfire recoil. I get it, this was meant for a .22, but still the message is there, if you are public about supporting the Chinese knock off market, you will not be welcomed here. Go start a thread and tell everyone you are gonna create an OEM company out of China for Armaggeddon Gear products and see what happens, sure we know nylon is copied all the time. But make it public up front what the plan is and see how that works out. Or a Chinese Spuhr Copy, It’s never received well.
Hi Frank, that's well and good about the thread and all and dim views on counterfeit products but are you going to allow blatant racism to continue or not? Do you have as dim a view of racist content as you do of counterfeit products?

Reactions: ryankuhn