• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Adcor BEAR Elite first impressions

Mauser9w9

Private
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2011
PA - Pennsylvania
Picked up an Adcor Bear Elite used for $1,200 and some change. Haven't shot it yet but here is my take on the gun after stripping it down for the first time:

The overall fit and finish is nice, the pins came out easy but not too easy. The trigger is one of the nicest mil spec I have felt so far, but eventually I will probably replace it. The lower itself is fine. The upper looks good, and is a two piece designed to be like a monolithic. The only issue I have with the upper is at the connection of the top rail. I got a set of troy buis and the back sight went on fine. I tried to slide the front sight over the gas block(piston housing) but there is not enough clearance. I removed the rear sight so I could slide the front sight all the way to the front of the rail. Unfortunately at the rail connection on the top of the receiver the alignment is not perfect so it wouldn't go. I had to remove the piston housing to get it on, no big deal. So far so good.

I removed the Bolt carrier group and rear charging handle, which comes apart like any other AR, and I have to say that it is a cool design they came up with. The rod attached to the bolt carrier slides through a hole in the charging handle. The bolt itself is standard design and the carrier has the push rod attached to it. It easy to reassemble. No signs of any carrier tilt anywhere. The inside of the upper receiver was pretty clean. Unlike the rest of the gun.

Adcor claims that disassembly is toolless. You can take the entire gas system, and lower handguard apart with the firing pin. I gave this a try and had no problems removing each and every part. it only took less than 60 seconds. At this point I cleaned all the parts, upper, lower, Bolt carrier group, gas piston system, barrel, and it took about half the time of a DI gun. Like I found out when I picked it up at my FFL,the gun was not cleaned before I bought it, which is annoying,and a pet peeve of mine. I have to say I do like the simplicity of the gun and the disassembly. Good fit on all the parts.

I know a lot of people like the idea of the forward charging handle. I do like it myself, but I have to say that the Adcor's forward charging handle is a little rough. It just doesn't seem to want to go back as easily as it should. It kind of pivots a bit when you apply pressure. It made me feel like I was going to break it. I does work like they say it does, but to me its a back up for clearing jams, not the primary charging handle. I did make an attempt to reverse it to the other hand, no problem at all.

So far I like it, the quality is there, next I have to see it shoots. I will post some pics later and give a full range report.