• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Add Flush Cups to a Sako TRG 22?

Matt in Virginia

Minuteman
Apr 24, 2001
Chesapeake, Virginia
Gentlemen,
Curious if anyone has had any luck adding extra flush cups to the Sako TRG 22 Stock? I'm unfamiliar with its construction and would appreciate first hand input. Thank you.

Regards, Matt Garrett
757-581-6270

Re: Add Flush Cups to a Sako TRG 22?

Matt,

I pulled this off the internet:

"Stocks are of polyurethane inside a hard synthetic shell, and with an aluminum skeleton for reinforcement."

I haven't tried putting any extra flush cups into mine, but I am not sure how the polyurethane would hold unless you managed to form a mechanical lock to the aluminum skeleton.

Josh

If you want to add flush cups to the front instead of using the Euro rail setup it shouldn't be too hard given that there is the aluminum chassis set up underneath. Just drill and tap the aluminum forend channel and space the flush cup out far enough that it is flush with the plastic part of the fore end. Now if you want to add extra ones to the rear, there is supposed to be an aluminum tube somewhere inside. I'm not really interested in digging into my stock to figure out where that is though. I ended up milling out a bunch of that funky euro T-rail stuff in metal though so when I want to goof around with something I just lop about an inch off of the bar and use that. You could easily put a cup on a section of rail, it just wouldn't be flush.

Gentlemen,
I appreciate the input. Do believe I will stick with McMillans. Might try a Manners...

Thank you again, Matt Garrett
Chesapeake, Virginia 23322

Matt,
You can't go wrong with a Manners. The construction quality is excellent. Not to take anything away from a McMillan as it's a world class stock, but Manners is right there with them.