• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Addicted to Airline food???

Barneybdb

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Dec 2, 2011
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Going from the cabin to the food court isn’t just a gimmick, reps for the firm say. By 2025, the airline plans to open 100 restaurants worldwide.
    “We have seen a significant appetite for our in-flight menu offerings beyond our flights across the region, and this is our answer to that demand,” the firm’s general manager Catherine Goh said in a press release.

• Sad
    Reactions: 12Bravo
    I have not had a meal served on a plane in 20 years, just bad cookies, crackers, pretzels or peanuts.

I fly every month and get a meal both ways,

it sucks, the menu barely changes, recently I asked the flight attendant what's for dinner, she said, I had a hamburger earlier, I said no the flight, and she goes, oh, I don't know yet... I said, 4 Cheese Ravioli or Chicken Tandoori, and she was like, yes that is it, how do you know. I was like I had it 4 times this month already.

the food sucks even upfront, especially lately

Going from the cabin to the food court isn’t just a gimmick, reps for the firm say. By 2025, the airline plans to open 100 restaurants worldwide.
    “We have seen a significant appetite for our in-flight menu offerings beyond our flights across the region, and this is our answer to that demand,” the firm’s general manager Catherine Goh said in a press release.

I wouldn't go out of my way for their airline chow.

IMO, Singapore Airlines has the best airline food in. SE Asia.

Wtf, I fly more than most. Luckily 99% in first class a d the food sucks!

Do they think people like the food because it's the only option???

I usually have a few in me while traveling so the food doesn’t bother me. As for an actual place selling the stuff in the terminal... depends if I’m in a rush and there isn’t a line lol.

Shit, maybe I’ve been contributing to their statistics haha

UOTE="powdahound76, post: 8130516, member: 57519"]
    Food? They have booze ya know? ? ? ?
    [/QUOTE]

I have a plastic tub full of airline bottles... if your nice alot of times they will hand you a bag full of them.

I fly Southwest a lot, sometimes Delta. I love carrying good smelling and tasty food onboard and asking for the whole can of whatever I want to drink. Occasionally, I’m in first class on Delta, and I don’t hesitate to do it there either; if they served decent food I would not have too. Of course in first class I go for the cheap wine or beer; they usually have at least one decent beer selection these days. The thought of an airline serving their food in a restaurant is hysterical, although the best food I’ve ever had was a flight out of Hong Kong about 14 years ago so perhaps they are on to something.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Barneybdb
    Ask for the Kosher or Halal meals if you want to change things up.

If anyone wants or craves painfull gas and bloating then have at it.
    I know for a fact that you can dump a bag of salted peanuts into a 20 oz of coke and get the same effect by drinking tje coke while eating the peanuts, no thanks.

• Haha
    My favorite place to drink is the airport..I have no idea why!!!

So, I usually get pretty loaded on scotch at a bar near my terminal and drink on the plane....so, I don't give a shit about the food.

Bench

Some of the European airlines have decent food or use to at least.

From my Air Force days, as soon as we take off I go to sleep, beside that my employer Southwest doesn’t serve meals, I kinda miss the peanuts.

Did I tell you about my Red Eye from AK where the Attendants were fucking around

They shut the lights off immediately and gave all the briefs before take off, so everyone could sleep uninterrupted they said.

I was upfront watching a movie wide awake and noticed the woman was not in her jump seat, as I was on the aisle I should have seen here.

She eventually gets up, and goes to the Galley Side, and when the Dude gets up, he is still rocking a hard on threw his pants, and tried to hide it pushing it into the Galley Cart until he could turn around.

By the time we landed, she was high as a kite, and he got paid to look the other way

Did I tell you about my Red Eye from AK where the Attendants were fucking around

They shut the lights off immediately and gave all the briefs before take off, so everyone could sleep uninterrupted they said.

I was upfront watching a movie wide awake and noticed the woman was not in her jump seat, as I was on the aisle I should have seen here.

She eventually gets up, and goes to the Galley Side, and when the Dude gets up, he is still rocking a hard on threw his pants, and tried to hide it pushing it into the Galley Cart until he could turn around.

By the time we landed, she was high as a kite, and he got paid to look the other way
    I had a flight from Charlotte to Houston on my was back from Scotland a few months back...me and 1 other person were the only passengers.

They did the same shit! I walked to the back of the plane and they gave me a few little bottles of Glenlivet and I had an excellent flight!

bench

I can sleep for 8 hours and get on a plane 20 minutes later and I will sleep through the flight.
    Something about the engine noise puts me to sleep. I guess the MRI makes a similar sound. I had one done a couple months ago at 9 am. Two minutes into the scan and I was snoring away.

North American airlines have gone downhill over the past years.

I average about 6 flights a month, sometimes more, usually not much less. The whole experience of flying has gotten worse over the years. Food has gotten shittier, seats are shittier, customer service is shittier, rewards programs are shittier.

The only thing that I've noticed over the years that has improved the customer experience is TSA. After they were raked through the coals publicly for their shitty attitudes towards flyers, they have really turned it around - they don't make it completely miserable anymore.

I'm getting pretty sick of flying. The airline industry in North America must be one of the few industries were they really don't give any fucks about the customers.

International business on Singapore , Emirates or Virgin is still pretty damn nice. Flying domestic sucks in the US regardless of class of travel. I bring my own food when I travel coast to coast. I heard Delta is getting better but haven’t flown them in years

Recently had international flights on Delta and Royal Dutch. Wow, talk about an improvement from domestic flights. Good food, polite attendants who didn’t look like the Oakridge boys and comfortable seats big enough to ( barely ) fit a 6’3” guy.

Why are domestic flights so 2nd rate ?