• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Adding 1/2" Spacer to McM A3

19Scout77

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2007
GA
I need to add 1/2" LOP to a McM A3, but do not have time to send it to AZ for a spacer, and don't want a thicker recoil pad type spacer. Was thinking about machining a piece of plastic and glueing it between the pad and stock. And belt-sanding it to shape.

Has anybody gone this route? If so, what kind of platic did you use and where did you get it? Thanks.

Re: Adding 1/2" Spacer to McM A3

I got a whole drawer full of A5 spacers. Send me a PM w/ and address and I'll send you 3/4" or so.

Cheers,

Doc

Thanks for the help! VA rocks!

I use Foamies hobby/craft self-stick neoprene foam sheets. Stick it on, trim it to shape with a razor blade.

Or lay the butt pad onto it, trace it with a ballpoint, and cut it with a scissors.

The 2mm thickness will require 6-7 layers to achieve a 1/2" thickness.

The same process (without the tracing), can be used to add to a cheek rest.

The resulting pad is firm yet resilient.

Available at most Wallyworlds in the craft/hobby department. It is made in a multitude of colors (and shapes for decorating, etc.), 2mm, 3mm, and 5mm thicknesses, and can be had with or without self stick adhesive. A web search for 'foamies' will uncover a multitude of sources and reveal the additions varieties that can be obtained.

Greg

I use Foamies hobby/craft self-stick neoprene foam sheets. Stick it on, trim it to shape with a razor blade.

Or lay the butt pad onto it, trace it with a ballpoint, and cut it with a scissors.

The 2mm thickness will require 6-7 layers to achieve a 1/2" thickness.

The same process (without the tracing), can be used to add to a cheek rest.

The resulting pad is firm yet resilient.

Faomies are available at most Wallyworlds in the craft/hobby department. It is made in a multitude of colors (and shapes for decorating, etc.), 2mm, 3mm, and 5mm thicknesses, and can be had with or without self stick adhesive. A web search for 'foamies' will uncover a multitude of sources and reveal the additions varieties that can be obtained.

Greg