• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Adding adjustable LOP

shootnfarmer

Private
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2009
Is it possible to convert my MCM A-5 fixed to an adjustable length of pull without the services of a gunsmith?

Thats about it...

Thanks

It will depend on the fill in the buttstock if I recall correctly.

This pic shows what you will most likely find in the McMillan stock.
DSCF0725.jpg

Yes, I've done a couple of these projects. Buy the kit from Tom Manners or have him do it for you. If you have a few tools and understand what needs to be done, it's not that hard to do. A little cut and fit, some careful epoxy and finish and you're there. If you're a craftsman, it a very manageable project.

Call Manners and talk through it with them, great people and you'll know pretty quick if the project falls within your skill set or not.

^^^that what the inside of a Manners looks like too.

Thanks everyone, exactly what i was hoping for in a response. Great insight and a picture to go with it!

Since it's an McM stock, McMillan, I think, would be the one you would want to contact to do the conversion. The price is pretty resonable from them.
Manners I'm sure will be glad to do it as well, but, I'd send it to the person who originally made the stock in the first place.

Mcm installs for free. Just pay for kit and shipping. Are you looking to.change the lop or make it adjustable? If the former, then there are cheaper easier options.