• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

adding LOP to a B&C medalist?

CL1KKL4C

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2009
Michigan
I plan on pulling off the recoil pad and adding a spacer system on my medalist. Was hoping someone else has attempted this and could offer some insight before I dive in.

I have read about freezing the stock to help with the glue on the recoil pads.

My main concern is what kinda meats going to be left to attach the spacers and new recoil pad. I've seen the profile photos of the B&C cut in half and the butt of the stock doesnt look to promising.

Re: adding LOP to a B&C medalist?

I saw my gunsmith cut one off with a hacksaw. It's nothing but foam under it. He took his Dremel and cut a big hole in the foam and epoxied in a Counter Coil unit....same as what the trapshooters use on their shotguns. Made a soft shooting rifle out of a 338.

I would think you can drill and tap your spacer to match the recoil pad holes, then EPOXY the spacer on the stock. Grind to stock contour, then screw on the new recoil pad and contour to stock.