• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Adding Rail For Bipod - Manners Elite Stock

j-dubya

A-Driver for Doobby’s Taxiola
Minuteman
May 10, 2011
Atlanta area
What all is involved with this? Looking to get rid of the standard stud mount and add a rail so I can utilize the more modern bipods. Is this something I can do myself with basic tools and know-how or is a mill required? Just trying to avoid the mailing and lengthy wait for a smith if I can handle it myself.

Thanks.

Its pretty easy.

There are several rails on the market that have a hole in the back and a slot in the front, so they can be used with the existing stud mounting holes.

Something like this.

Just make sure the version is sized appropriately to accommodate your stud spacing.

Interesting. Currently my stock has one stud and a flush cup, so it looks like the flush cup will come out and I can re-gain it in the rail.

Looks like putting a rail on my stock is going to be a little more involved. The flush cup is about four inches away from the stud and the OD of the flush cup is actually what threads into the stock. I’ll call manners after the holiday to get their advice, but what is the best way to go about adding the anchors for the rail screws? Going to need to add two since the existing sling stud mount is right in the middle of where the rail would need to go.

Its pretty easy.

There are several rails on the market that have a hole in the back and a slot in the front, so they can be used with the existing stud mounting holes.

Something like this.

Just make sure the version is sized appropriately to accommodate your stud spacing.

thanks for lnk i was going to do the exact same thing.