• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Adding serrations?

chopper71280

Private
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2009
Indiana
I got a sog tanto twitch for Christmas and it has a plain blade. I was thinking about adding some serrations with files or a dremel, has anyone tried this? Thanks

Re: Adding serrations?

I tried using a small file free hand on a cheap knife. It worked ok, but it was not uniform. So I laid out even spaces on the knife and cut notches into the blade with a dremel. Then I filed the notches and that worked good the results were much more uniform.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i do that to all my REAL sniper knives. </div></div>

WOW really how do you do it? You must have some really good information on this subject. Thanks for the info.

I wouldn't advise doing it. You could very easily ruin the blade.

If you have to ask, you most likely don't have the proper equipment to do it.

If you are really set on it, just mash it into the bench grinder and let the sparks fly.

not difficult just tedious. and id only recommend it for regular made in america carbon steel not "super duper hard" crap that requires diamonds to scratch.