• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Adding Tint to Magazine Window

LongDistances

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2021
United States
Hello, I have 8 MagPul GEN 3 PMAG's that have the window included on the sides so you can see how much ammo you have left. I probably shouldn't have bought these as I'm a scout and I know that the brass from bullets will produce a glare through the window. I am willing to tint all the windows on my mags but I don't know how I should go about this or what type of tint to use. I still want to see how many bullets I have or I would just tape over the window. Anything that would be useful or ideas are welcome.

1611719271923.png

• Haha
Reactions: Drew890 and E-Tool
There's a spray on tint that I've used on cars tail lights. Just mask it off with tape first and spray as many layers as you want. I think it's like 10 bucks

Reactions: LongDistances
Take a wide magic marker or sharpie and make a few passes over the window. Use some painters tape on the body if worried about getting it on the body.

Trade them to some Fobbit for 10 regular P-Mags under the guise that they are a superior advanced design.

I sanded the plastic down and put two coats of sharpie on the window. It definitely put tint on it but the window still produces a glare with the plastic. Any other ideas? Don’t want to tape it up but it may be my only option

use a lower grit sandpaper..... You can also fog it with chemicals... Like super glue fumes or acetone on a cloth. Both of these can make the plastic more brittle, so mask everything off well.

Dude...just paint your mags.

If you’re that worried, rough up the plastic and spray on the bed liner type paint on the windows.

Mags are disposable items and you’re talking about 8 mags. Buy more mags and use these in training/personal range use.

...or go to your armory peeps and get more issued.

im going to assume you are being legitimate here for a second and are not just some autist from reddit....

1) i have a feeling you are going to be seen LONG before the brass showing through your mag window.....milspec brass isnt exactly shiny.....

2) stop being a bitch and hit it with krylon.

im going to assume you are being legitimate here for a second and are not just some autist from reddit....

1) i have a feeling you are going to be seen LONG before the brass showing through your mag window.....milspec brass isnt exactly shiny.....

2) stop being a bitch and hit it with krylon.
The nicer version of this is directing him to go discuss his glare concerns with his senior in the unit.

• Haha
Reactions: Steel head
Just tape over them? Why is this so hard? Are your face and hands covered 100% of the time? They'll give you away much faster than fobbit bullet window will.

Also, please post a picture of you in your scout gear so we can help determine other areas needing rectification.

Just tape over them? Why is this so hard? Are your face and hands covered 100% of the time? They'll give you away much faster than fobbit bullet window will.
our man cant rely on flimsy fabric to keep himself concealed....WHAT IF IT RIPS!.....the thots will see his lily white skin and his position will be exposed....

thats why our boy went full bore and got camouflage tattooed over his entire body
tumblr_ng6si6xeHb1tgdw81o1_640.jpg

I'm sure you can afford to buy a few more mags.

And from all the 19D's, I would like to thank the dismounted peasants...Its nice staying warm and dry in the vehicles.

our man cant rely on flimsy fabric to keep himself concealed....WHAT IF IT RIPS!.....the thots will see his lily white skin and his position will be exposed....

thats why our boy went full bore and got camouflage tattooed over his entire body
tumblr_ng6si6xeHb1tgdw81o1_640.jpg
Shit, why didn't I think of this? Probably because my greasy ass would still shine... It'd be nice for the face and hands though. Less shit to deal with in the field and it really shows you're dedicated. That guy that used to IMT up and down the barracks hall (he learned it from the CSM) ain't got shit on this guy.

Also, please post a picture of you in your scout gear so we can help determine other areas needing rectification.
You know I feel 'ya, but in all respect here, I can just imagine the OP is a 19yo kid, fucking Hooah and hell, but being told by a NC Star Pro Staff member guising as a team leader (been there, seen that) that this shit is important. FWIW, I've seen a motherfucker make a big deal out of Armor-All'ing goddamn pro masks. Talk about a "!" Geezus Christ moment.

We used to have this shit called "bowlfage" and it was a removeable camo paint. It had it's uses, I liked it.

I'd worry more about numbering the goddamn things and weeding out the ones that don't work as time goes on. Get a dope book and learn your rifle. Stop worrying about shit that won't happen.

I'd smell or hear your nasty ass long before I saw a glint anyway. Bet that NC Star Pro Staff Team Member didn't tell you not to heat up MRE's and leave the peanut butter behind, did he? Operate downwind. Don't step on shit that goes crunch. Don't let your cadence sound like a disgusting ass 2 legged mope in the woods. Don't silhouette at sunrise. All this shit is far more important, or was for me.

And OP, keep a thick skin, you'll learn shit from old timers around here and be fucking with noobs and calling out their dumb shit in no time.

Half these motherfuckers probably spent their first two months on post looking for impact area keys or trying to get exhaust samples out of Bradley vehicles anyway. FWIW, those keys do exist...

Or just use USGI mags, The are smaller and you can carry more in the same space.
honestly, ive got a few dozen P-mags.....never fucking use them, they all sit in a box....

all i use now are D&H 30 rounders.....they are less bulky and actually drop free.....

Reactions: CrabsandFootball
Army makes you buy your own mags?

Probably has sunglasses on while worrying about mag window glare

I almost jumped on him but I was trying for the kindle gentler approach. Which is why I asked a question.

Oh well if he comes back I can see this being relocated to the pit.

Is he serious? Is this a real thing? Bullets shining through a magazine window giving away your position?

Let me ask my 7yr old son what he uses on his nerf guns.

Im inclined to think anyone that needs to come to an internet forum to solve something like this has already failed.