• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Adding weight AR platform

warnera1102

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2020
Any ideas for adding weight to AR platform for PRS? I have seen the gray ops mlok weights but I feel it's going to take alot to make a difference.

I shot with Travis McCamish at the CA PRS match last year and watched him burn it down with an AR10 6GT. I believe he had 3 pairs of the MDT M-Lock weights on the sides of the gun as far forward as possible. You can see a pic on his Instagram

Yeah i have seen the weight kits, but 2.3lbs for $200? I didn't know if guys had other methods.

Any ideas for adding weight to AR platform for PRS? I have seen the gray ops mlok weights but I feel it's going to take alot to make a difference.

A2 buttstock with a lead wedge in the cleaning kit hole and a Geissele National Match free float handguard with the full weight kit.

NRA service rifle shooters figured this out decades ago. No need to reinvent the wheel.

A2 buttstock with a lead wedge in the cleaning kit hole and a Geissele National Match free float handguard with the full weight kit.

NRA service rifle shooters figured this out decades ago. No need to reinvent the wheel.

White Oak Armament also sells lead weights for the Magpul UBR stocks. Now that service rifle allows adjustable stocks.

Different class but same idea.

My son shoots NRA service rifle and there is no weight limit. We added as many lead tire weights as I could fit in that rifle. :)

When you are laying prone with a sling, it made a noticeable improvement in scores.

So I decided to try something. I made these today which should come out to about 1lb each( second one not pictured) and will bolt directly to a mlok.
The reason behind the color is due to I work alot with stainless and have always loved the colors of heat affected zones.
We will see how it works, if they don't I'm out a little time. They are 0.5" thick so about the size of the ones you can purchase.
20220401_195848.jpg

Reactions: camocorvette
I don't know, bolting that vice to the bottom of your rifle will certainly make it steady, but no fun to carry. Not gonna fit in your rifle case either.
Hahaha
I may try a smaller vice, good point. 🤣