• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Additions to the armory

Marchpig

Private
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2009
Porongurup, Western Australia
My current armory consists of a Marlin 30/30 LA, a Browning BL22 LA and a Boito .410 SB.

I use Levers because I'm left handed, plus they usually hold more in the mag than BA's.
Unfortunately in Australia it's easier to win the lottery than get a legal semi, let alone something sexy like the Ruger SR22. Even the new Ruger Tactical 10/22 is out of reach.

So I've been trolling the internets, seeking advice from the guys at my Rifle club and we've come up with a coupla rifles that would suit-
CZ-Brno CZ 452-2E ZKM 22LR American Left handed
Remington 700 SPS Varmint Left handed in .223 REM

Those two and perhaps a Boito .410 DB, and Marchy would be a happy chappy.

Unfortunately it seems that Ruger don't make the M77 Hawkeye Tactical in L/H, so that counts out the 260 REM, for now anyway.
Anyone suggest anything/anywhere else to look at perhaps?

Re: Additions to the armory

Savage MKII .22LR w/accutrigger, but I don't know if them make 'em w/ a left bolt. I'd buy a CZ452 Varmint .22LR before the American. The SPS you will probably want to drop into a better, more stable, stock.

Happy shopping

Ok, so time for an update, I am now the proud owner of a CZ 452 L/H action .22, in the European Lux stock, I found it more comfortable than the American. Have zero'd the Olivon 3-9x40 scope using Remington Yellow Jacket HP and CCI Stinger Segmented to 1" high at 50m.

License application is with the authorities for a Ruger M77 Hawkeye L/H action .223 in the Walnut and blued, should be hearing from them soon I hope. Have paid for the rifle and ordered it with a Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 scope and Harris bipod.

I LOVE RUGER! OMG! the M77 is an absolute doll, easy to use, stunning looks, sexy lines...
I've only had opportunity to run it in and sight the scope, but WOW! I'm in serious love with this thing.

Savage is available with the LH bolt in some models. A solid budget choice, great value for money.
A lefty CZ is more finely machined, prettier, Old World quality, and has a great barrel, too.
Lefty Ruger, out of luck.
I believe there are lefty Anschutz 64 action repeaters, but no 54 action repeaters in LH. You could build a sporter on the Fortner straight pull, like one of out silhouette shooters did here. Get out your checkbook.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marchpig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I LOVE RUGER! OMG! the M77 is an absolute doll, easy to use, stunning looks, sexy lines...
I've only had opportunity to run it in and sight the scope, but WOW! I'm in serious love with this thing. </div></div>

Hmm everything I read previously on the M77 said that it was a sub-par rifle. I consistently read that the accuracy was terrible and people were trading them back in. Glad to hear you like yours so much. I was a fan of them before all the negative reviews.