• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Adhesive Remover for fiberglass B&C Stock?

Southpaw357

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
Hello I just peeled a piece of moleskin off of the adjustable cheek piece on my Bell and Carlson fully adjustable stock. It left behind a few sizeable blotches of adhesive on the cheek piece. Can anyone recommend a product that will strip that adhesive right off? I think the cheek piece is fiberglass.

I want to take off the adhesive entirely and create a clean surface because I'm going to cut-to-fit a 1/8" thick Kick Eez Cheek-Eez pad and adhere it to the stock's cheek piece in lieu of the moleskin. Southpaw

Re: Adhesive Remover for fiberglass B&C Stock?

Use mineral spirits if you want to leave the paint intact. Acetone is stronger if you plan to repaint.

#9 will remove glue

Goof-off, which is, I think, lighter fluid, works pretty well on all kinds of adhesives and doesn't harm paint.

I think goo be gone will do the job fine. Then try mineral spirits. In other words, like the guys above said.