• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Adjustable and affordable carbine interface stock

sam4886

Stunt Cock
Minuteman
May 15, 2019
Eastern WA
Just got an LSS to replace the At-one on my cz457. I'm looking for a carbine compatible stock that I can get a pretty short LOP on for the kids but also long enough for me. Also need a good amount of cheek riser because the 419 rail is so tall.

The problem I'm having is finding something that isn't like $350. I'd like to be closer to $100-150.

I threw on an old magpul moe I had in the bin for now that would probably work but it's pretty wobbly. I'd been really thinking the new PRS lite would be good but it looks like the shortest it goes is about 14". MDT also makes a composite carbine stock but it doesn't look like it would take a rear bag very well.

Anything I'm missing?

Just got an LSS to replace the At-one on my cz457. I'm looking for a carbine compatible stock that I can get a pretty short LOP on for the kids but also long enough for me. Also need a good amount of cheek riser because the 419 rail is so tall.

The problem I'm having is finding something that isn't like $350. I'd like to be closer to $100-150.

I threw on an old magpul moe I had in the bin for now that would probably work but it's pretty wobbly. I'd been really thinking the new PRS lite would be good but it looks like the shortest it goes is about 14". MDT also makes a composite carbine stock but it doesn't look like it would take a rear bag very well.

Anything I'm missing?
Stocks with cheek risers that are made to be compatible with AR's will always have a long LOP, its because of the charging handles. There is just no way around it. Now, you could get a regular carbine stock with no riser and add one like this one. This gives you the short LOP and a longer one when needed, but might not get you the height you desire.

Rival Arms does a carbine interface stock, but it probably doesn't get short enough.
B5 systems has their precision stock in varying cheek piece lengths that mounts to a standard carbine tube for gross LOP adjustment.
Luth AR has adjustable stocks that mount to carbine tubes and you can take the wobble out of the fit with a set screw integrated into the side of the stock.

Does the luth actually tighten up enough to get rid of all the wobble? They seem kind of chincy to me but I've never actually handled one.

Reactions: powdahound76
You might also look over at ZAHAL they seam to have some good prices from time to time.

Does the luth actually tighten up enough to get rid of all the wobble? They seem kind of chincy to me but I've never actually handled one.
I put a MBA3 on an Aero buffer tube and did not see any play in it, however could have just been luck of the draw. As far as the adjustments go they don’t have any play in them so far with it being brand new, could loosen over time but I haven’t owned it long enough to say quite yet.

Magpul CTR with the cheek riser installed on backwards clears the charging handle.

Slap a bit of HVAC tape on the buffer tube and play is minimal.

-Stan

Luth AR MBA3 sounds like it would fit all your criteria, joeboboutfitters has them on sale right now for just over $100 I believe.

This.

Using this on LSS XL for my 10 yr old.

Very tight.
Use the larger between milspec and comm tubes and it is quite snug.

I have more than 1 Luth AR and they are pretty well made from my experience so far.

Reactions: ehudson13
Just a note. The OP is looking for an adjustable carbine stock for his bolt action rifle. He doesn’t need to worry about the charging handle interference that an adjustable cheek weld brings to the AR.

That said, none of the Magpul carbine stocks that I have tried really lock up TIGHT. But, neither did the cheap stocks they replaced. I think it is just the nature of the collapsible carbine stock design.

I think I would use some foam mat strips to build up a cheek weld on a carbine stock I had laying around if in this situation.

The adjustments on the MBA-1 stock that I have are fiddly to set, and the whole thing will grenade if you loosen any screw just a bit too much. But, once set and tightened down it is pretty good. I just wouldn’t want to be changing settings with an impatient kid at the range. More of a set it and forget it design.

Reactions: stanley_white
Just a note. The OP is looking for an adjustable carbine stock for his bolt action rifle. He doesn’t need to worry about the charging handle interference that an adjustable cheek weld brings to the AR.

That said, none of the Magpul carbine stocks that I have tried really lock up TIGHT. But, neither did the cheap stocks they replaced. I think it is just the nature of the collapsible carbine stock design.

I think I would use some foam mat strips to build up a cheek weld on a carbine stock I had laying around if in this situation.

The adjustments on the MBA-1 stock that I have are fiddly to set, and the whole thing will grenade if you loosen any screw just a bit too much. But, once set and tightened down it is pretty good. I just wouldn’t want to be changing settings with an impatient kid at the range. More of a set it and forget it design.
He also said he needed a shorter length of poull and I was merely explaining the fact that you can’t get both you can’t use a carbine stock and have a short LOP with a riser

Theoretically I could, since it's only the carbine threads I need, but I get the point.

I'll probably order a luth and see how it goes. Can always send it back.