• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Adjustable Buttplate for MilSpec A1/A2 Stock

Silent-2

Private
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2021
Vero Beach, FL
I am doing an AR308 build and have been searching for an adjustable buttplate for a standard A1/A2 fixed stock. A few years ago, they were very plentiful. They were available through David Tubb, Sierra Precision, Sinclair, Brownells, Accuracy Speaks, etc. I have searched the web for several days now with no luck. Does anyone have a line on one of these? Thanks in advance!

Semper Fidelis

Midway lists an adjustable butt plate from Accuracy Speaks as discontinued. You could give them a call…

Huh, googled myself and indeed all the old A2 buttplates have disappeared.

Maybe because lots of fully adjustable stock options. I was not impressed with the Luth AR (as in: sold it), but many people like them and they have other models now. The Magpul PRS is sorta the standard I think:

But simply EVERYONE makes an AR receiver extension buttstock. For adjustable, I also like the carbine receiver extension, as you then get to do gross LOP adjustments by moving the whole stock. You will need to replace your A2 extension etc so that may be too big a change for you.

(Don't ask what I have. I've customized something, fully building bits from scratch).

Low end but decent, people like FAB make a plausible-looking one: https://www.fab-defense.co.il/en/category-buttstocks/id-2470/rapid-adjustment-precision-stock.html

Higher end and often crazy light if that is your thing, look at precision rifle makers. Both MDT and XLR make pretty nice ones as well (my crazy stock has some XLR bits: very very nicely built stuff) and I assume others I am not familiar with but which are talked about a lot on this forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silent-2
not that it would or would not work there was a video online where a guy cut his cz mtr which is solid wood and added an adjustable cheek piece and but . granted it was a 22 lr stock but there is no reason you could not just do the same thing with your gun using the wood it already has . sorry I can't seem to find that video link but a good gun smith who works with wood should be able to do the same thing if not you your self . I also am unsure what type of hard wear you might need nor whom makes it .
1635125676440.png

1635125704921.png

best of luck what ever you decide if you do it please send in pics and detailes on what you did that would be cool to see it before after and during the process .

I have an Accuracy Speaks on my Mk12. I talked to Derrick Martin a few years ago and he was looking for a manufacturer to make more as he had a bunch of demand.
I would gladly make drawings to get some made, but such effort should include Derrick.
MK12.jpg

Reactions: RUTGERS95