• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Adjustable cheek piece

yotedog65284

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2010
Utah - U.S.A.
Heres a project I just gone finished up with. The cheek weld was way to low so I thought I would give this a try.

VLScheekpiece.jpg

Chris

Re: Adjustable cheek piece

Heres couple more pictures one of the other side and one of elavating piece mounted to the stock and cheek piece. I also did the flutes and bolt knob.(my work lets me do work on my projects. Being a machinist is nice).

vls1.jpg

vls2.jpg

Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bubb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you could make some nice $$ doing those for guys!!! Great looking work! </div></div>

My H&R Ultra could use that done to it for sure. Cheek weld on that thing is non existent.

That looks great. Did you make all the hardware?

One helpful hint: Before you do the cut on the bandsaw for the cheekpiece, be sure there's enough clearance for the end of the open bolt when the cheekpiece is in the up position. One less "Ohh, shit" moment....The School of Experience is where you get the final exam before you get the lesson....