• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Adjustable gas block for DPMS pattern 308

chittnp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2011
Olympia, WA
Im planning a build with one of the MA TEN sets from the group buy, and Im trying to settle on an adjustable gas block that will work with one of their monolothic rails. So far I have been going with a DPMS pattern, but I'm not dead set on it. I'd appreciate any suggestions you guys who have built them before can offer. I'd also be interested to hear any suggestions you have for the bolt/BCG, right now Im looking at the DPMS BCG and Bolt from Rainier Arms. I plan on sending it off to CCA for one of their reiliability packages once I get all the bits and bobs together. Thanks!

Re: Adjustable gas block for DPMS pattern 308

I should add that Im wanting an adjustable gas block is because I plan to run it suppressed. Thanks!

Thats a good question, I was planning on picking up a Rainier Arms 20" Ultramatch, which apprently has a .750 gas block seat diameter.

I bought an adjustable gas block a while a go and for $70 they are a joke.....so I returned it. For pennies I bought a 6-24 set screw and at work I milled a flat spot in my stock gas black so I could center drill for the drill bit and then drilled a hole cross ways through the inner gas tube. Then tapped it for the set screw. It adjusts with an Allen wrench and has been working fine for a year. Hope this makes sense and you could do it with a drill press if you don't have access to a mill.

I couldnt find one that would fit under the Forearm of my DPMS SASS so I had Palladin Machine build me one that would. Works perfect and a good guy to do business with.

I'm happy with my JP adjustable low-profile block. My rifle has an 18" barrel and a carbine-length gas system. It makes a huge difference shooting suppressed. It took about 15 rounds to find the sweet spot, but I haven't had to touch it since then. Given the loose fit of the adjustment screw in the block I thought it would need regular adjustment but that hasn't been the case.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cowboy1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JP gas block

http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.6_gs.php

depending on your barrel size any one will work very good, except JPGS-8 that one not so good </div></div>

Why is JPGS-8 not so good? I had my eye on that one...

Mike

Does anyone know the size of the set screw on the PRI adjustable gas block? I'd like to order a few extra just in case I lose the one in the block.