• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Adjustable height buttplate or recoil pad?

ZEROGUY

Dopus Coriolis
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2018
I have a HS Precision stock on my rifle and I am looking for some way to raise up the recoil pad/buttplate. Wondering if anyone has seen or used some universal type of recoil pad that has height adjustability. I am looking to add about .5 - 1.0" of height so I can get better contact with my shoulder pocket when behind my rifle.

Trying to find a solution that doesn't involve a whole new chassis or stock.

I know there are adjustable height recoil pads available. No name comes to mind. A quick search would remedy that.

Thank you, in my own search I have already seen all of those. I think the first one is an add on for GRS stocks only.

After reading reviews on the Graco one on midway looks like guys have used for rifles. My only reservation is grinding down the plates. It may be more than I’m prepared to tackle now. A polymer option would make the fitting a lot easier.

If it's any consolation, I did all my badger bolt knobs with files. They move a lot of material in a short amount of time. Regardless of method, tape up the stock, and go slow

Reactions: ZEROGUY
I am looking to do the same to my HS precision stock, has anyone used these? Looking at the one at midway. Any thoughts or advice?

That's one of the reasons I love my KRG Bravo - height adjustable buttpad, and heavy LOP spacers.

Just thought I'd contribute a little bit here...

This is what's basically on mine McMillan modified for TX stock. The only thing I don't like about it is that you need hex keys to adjust it. But, if one desires they can hunt for some thumb screws in the proper thread size.

Go to eBay, type in adjustable hotplate and you can find several that are trimmed for specific stocks

i had this system on a trap gun i've since sold..... it worked well and looked nice. it afforded apx. 1/2 inch elevation if i recall

20200430_095423.jpg

Graco 3 way adj on my manners. Keep in mind the butt pad on your hs is epoxies to stock.

View attachment 7387725
Graco 3 way adj on my manners. Keep in mind the butt pad on your hs is epoxies to stock.

Details please! Did Manners install this or did you add it? How is it mounted? Did you have to fit it to stock profile?
That looks great and I would really like to raise the pad on my T2A GAP.

I did it. Yes it had to be shaped to stock profile. I located where the screws needed to be, drilled and then glued/screwed brass threaded inserts in place. Once cured I mounted plate and scribed a line to grind up to. Then just took my time and fit it, alot of putting on and finding high spot and grinding. I did not grind aluminum with it on the stock, it gets too hot. I used a belt/drum sander with 60grit. A med pachmayr decelerator pad had perfect hole spacing for rear plate. Since it wasn't going to be aligned with stock plate, I wasnt worried about matching shape. I just belt sanded rear plate to match pad, as it was out of the box.

Last edited:
Reactions: MBanning
I did it. Yes it had to be shaped to stock profile. I located where the screws needed to be, drilled and then glued/screwed brass threaded inserts in place. Once cured I mounted plate and scribed a line to grind up to. Then just took my time and fit it, alot of putting on and finding high spot and grinding. I did not grind aluminum with it on the stock, it gets too hot. I used a belt/drum sander with 60grit. A med pachmayr decelerator pad had perfect hole spacing for rear plate. Since it wasn't going to be aligned with stock plate, I wasnt worried about matching shape. I just belt sanded rear plate to match pad, as it was out of the box.
Thanks! I'm doing it.

Reactions: 6brshooter