• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Adjustable Magazine Catch Design Durability

I've had an XLR envy pro and mpa with adjustable catches. They both worked well and didn't have any issues with either. Didn't evaluate for durability really, but its hard to see how you could get more durable than the MPA design. The entire catch slides and is tightened in place with a small screw.

Reactions: stanley_white
I've had an XLR envy pro and mpa with adjustable catches. They both worked well and didn't have any issues with either. Didn't evaluate for durability really, but its hard to see how you could get more durable than the MPA design. The entire catch slides and is tightened in place with a small screw.
Thank you!

-Stan

The JAE design is likely going to be the most durable. It has a set screw locking it in, and a screw that moves the catch up and down. So, even if the set screw wasn't tight, the adjustment screw would have to move to mess with the mag fitment. And that adjustment screw is not exposed.

Unfortunately, a JAE chassis is the only way to get this design.

The JAE design is likely going to be the most durable. It has a set screw locking it in, and a screw that moves the catch up and down. So, even if the set screw wasn't tight, the adjustment screw would have to move to mess with the mag fitment. And that adjustment screw is not exposed.

Thank you!

-Stan

MDT Bought out JAE. Is this the same design that MDT is using on the ACC Elite and in their new bottom metal?

Last edited:
I've had the JAE, MPA, and now KRG C-4.
I'd say the JAE is the "better" of the three, but the C-4 is easier to adjust. The JAE and the C-4 both adjust for height and length, with the C-4 also being able to adjust for angle.
Don't know if MPA has changed anything from the first "adjustable" latch, but it was an absolute POS that looked and operated like an afterthought.

I've had the JAE, MPA, and now KRG C-4.
I'd say the JAE is the "better" of the three, but the C-4 is easier to adjust. The JAE and the C-4 both adjust for height and length, with the C-4 also being able to adjust for angle.
Don't know if MPA has changed anything from the first "adjustable" latch, but it was an absolute POS that looked and operated like an afterthought.
Thank you!

-Stan

Don't have one but I thought I saw a pic of a recent MDT offering, appeared to have a spring maintaining tension on the latch. So if the screw failed, the latch would stay engaged on the magazine catch tab. Of course, maybe I didn't see what I thought?