• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing adjusting a rifle basix rem 700

rwest309

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
Artesia NM
what steps must be taken to properly adjust the trigger pull on one of these. There are no instructions included detailing this process.

Re: adjusting a rifle basix rem 700

maybe I am a retard but I am not seeing any instructions on adjustment there.

That's not right... hold on.

There are no instructions for adjustment. They don't want you doing anything to it until you call them.

Bottom screw is sear, try not messing with this one unless you really know what you are doing.

Middle screw is over travel, meaning this will stop the trigger movement after the shot breaks. Too far in and you won't be able to pull the trigger.

Top screw is pull weight, in is heavy out is light. Go too far out and there won't be any trigger resistance and this will give you fits.

I can't seen to get the link to take, so once you're on the page go to installation instructions and you'll see the link for Remington.

go to Install instructions

T

Wrong again... very basic. Hate is right, they no longer are posting it but who can blame them in these litigious times. I may have some instructions laying around. If I can find them I'll send them to you via PM.

T

rwest, I'm striking out here. I have instructions for other triggers, just not one for Riflebasix. Sear engagement, pull weight and over travel... It's not hard but must be done so it's safe. If you're unsure it would be worth the 50 bones to have a smith install and adjust it for you.

T

Yeah I searched and searched before I posted. Thankfully Randy at R&D Precision offered to walk me through it on the phone. He is a high quality individual. Everything is back on track.

Thanks again Randy.

And thank you too Tac